G36 Improvement Project

Thank you for that tip. I followed your lead last night and it all seemed to work with the Improvement MOD showing up in the aircraft selection panel. Oddly, when I went into Content Manager the G36 Improvement Project aircraft was there, but reported as V 6.8. However, everything worked just fine and I hand flew for 45 minutes.

I do find the aircraft handling a bit odd, although I haven’t flown it a huge amount, probably just 6-7 hrs. I find it very difficult to trim out to hand fly straight and level. I get close to the altitude I want, power set and then try to trim. I get the trim seemingly set and then, after just 30 seconds or so, I’m climbing at 1500fpm. If I leave it the speed will drop off and, after gaining 1000’ or so it starts to descend and continues on until I’m losing altitude quite rapidly. If I do nothing this ‘hysteresis’ trend continues, if I try to re-trim the whole process starts again. I just don’t seem able to hit the sweet spot.

Now, I am not a real pilot (long retired engineer) but I have flown several hundred hours in the right hand seat of a wide variety of GA aircraft, either work related or in aircraft owned by friends and I have never witnessed that sort of behaviour.