G36 Improvement Project

No…This was using the stock repaint that came with the mod.

Regards,
Chris

Pretty great visibility for sightseeing.

5 Likes

I would check all your folders. The latest git push snuck an extra folder into the mix. It would be well worth deleting the mod, and reinstalling.

Totally my bad!

I used to get that if I tried using a co-pilot addon, Mugz Mods I think. It’s never been updated so I fly “solo” now!

Problem solved guys! I had only a partial download due to the file path being too long when extracting the folder. I then preceded to extract the folder to a different location (my downloads) and that worked! Error on my part.

Love this plane and love this mod btw!
Regards,
Chris

5 Likes

I hadn’t flown this airplane much for a few months as I’ve been primarily flying the Kodiak, TBM930, RV-14 and Sting S4. I forgot how much I love this airplane! I think it’s the most graceful handling airplane in all of MSFS.

I just wish it had working visors, door, accessible back seat and co-pilot. :smiley:

2 Likes

Known as the Cadillac of the sky

1 Like

What I missed on the other airplanes in comparison is

• Ability to make tight turns
  • Fast acceleration/deceleration
  • Slow airspeed handling

It handles a little like a warbird. Although I could be pushing it past it’s operating limits. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yep. This is exactly where my primary view is. You have a nice piece of equipment on the G36. Perfect to my short medium flights. One thing I noticed is the altitude alert chime. It’s working while the Asobo version doesn’t. Thank you.

I am having issues with rudder and aileron authority while landing. I am a real-world pilot and if there is a crosswind as low as, let’s say even 10kts, deflecting the ailerons or rudder to counter the wind is almost useless.
I have not flown the BARON or BONANZA in real life, but I have plenty of time in other Beech planes. Is this normal for the Bonanza? There also doesn’t seem to be any drag from the wheels on the tarmac. Your thoughts?

I’ve been flying the Bonanza mod a lot lately and I’m not seeing that at all. I’ve landed in gusting crosswinds above 10 knots with no issue. The plane itself is only rated for 17 knots of crosswind in the POH, so as you approach that, you are nearing the aircraft limit. I have found that on takeoff with any significant crosswind, holding on the runway while the engine spools up before brake release helps with crosswind control, also recommended by the POH.

2 Likes

@CaptMatto, I’ve mentioned this before but I’m curious to just know if this is solvable. Many of the visors in the default Asobo airplanes have this odd reflection of the glass screens. It’s like 1990s style game graphics. When using a VR headset using Fresnel lenses (like the G2) it causes a very annoying glare that smears down the center field of view.

The Bonanza is one of these airplanes and it’s why I hate flying it at night time.

If you compare to the TBM 930 (second screen shot), it has a faint reflection instead of the bright orbs. You almost have to look hard for it in the screen shot.

I figure it can be fixed in 3 ways

1. removal of all visor reflections
  2. using normal reflection instead of orbs
  3. movable visors (to at least move and eliminate the reflections)

If it’s fixable, I might try to learn how to fix it myself. I hate it with a passion!

Although, I could get a Varjo VR headset. Even then, they are bright enough to probably still get into your eyes and mess up night vision.

In 2D mode they are almost not even noticeable other than looking weird. But in VR it’s like having two flashlights pointed in your face.

@Michail71 Sadly there is not much I can do currently, I have tried a few times to import the Bonanza into Blender and have a crack but sadly I don’t any experience in 3d modelling so it’s a big steep uphill climb for me.

What I can say is that someone recently offered to have a god at doing some of these things and I;m looking forward to seeing what they can do.

There are a few things we need to change on the model, if we can we will :slight_smile:

3 Likes

@RwpTurnip

That’s not what I’m seeing, could you check your mod files? What version are you running?

@Michail71 That might be due to the reflection from the centre/throttle console. If you click or place the cursor over the temp indicator, it will turn white and it will reflect on the sun visor at night. There was a livery package that included visor texture files, that I tried once, that toned down the reflection, but I haven’t been able to find them.

I think I traced it once to the G1000 screens. When the MFD is off there is just one orb.

Are you bothered by it too? I thought I was the only one. The glare with the Reverb G2 in the G36 at night can get bad. I don’t think the aircraft manufacturer would allow for that IRL. Now that daylight is getting shorter I’m encountering it more.

I submitted it as a bug but I feel submitting bug reports outside of beta periods is mostly a waste of time.

I downloaded Blender and was stumped by just trying to import. :slight_smile:

I’ve managed to import the model, the minute I make any changes and try and re-import to sim it breaks quite spectacularly. I have been contacted by someone who has offered to work on the model, fingers crossed they get better results :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I rechecked my sensitivity in the options. I found that my rudder only had half of the max throw for some reason. I corrected it and will test it.

1 Like