G36 Improvement Project

you can add it for any airplane with an FLC button, if you set it to 80 and you press it on the ground, it’ll go to 80, not 0. It might be already in the mod, but I had to fix it myself because I didn’t want to press nose up (which was BACKWARDS - thanks G1000 team!) 120 times every climbout.

The new G1000 fix will eventually mean (if its out there somewhere?) lower the nose/increase speed/nose down is corrected for FLC use.

It isn’t in the G36 mod as of now, just created a pull request to that adds these in, though. Thanks for pointing that out! Once Frett sees, it should get added for everyone :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Still get the same behaviour with a tailwind, FD pegs 179degrees Nose Up, looks like this will be out of scope for the mod, though easily worked around by following proper procedures.

If you look at my edits above, I tried to replicate your autopilot errors a bit. It seems like if the autopilot is on while on the ground it has some kind of really weird effect that can throw it off in general. The checklist for just about every airplane includes testing that the autopilot functions correctly, while on the ground including trim/yoke moving correctly and the ability to over power it and the ability to turn it off. Those are all things you want to test and know before you use it in the air. I cannot recommend turning on the autopilot on the ground ever, it seems like it can throw it off almost as much as active pause after you get it in the air.

I didn’t even need to test it with a tailwind, it just went full crazy after messing with all the new toys with the autopilot on on the ground.

The tailwind thing happens even with the default G36, given how many people seem to be arming FLC on the ground it definitely doesn’t help for future releases of the mod.

It made little sense to me to have the entirety of the fs2020 training program use only a C152. There absolutely needs to be a TAA (technically advanced aircraft) course in the sim so people can transition from those weird circles on the panel to this G1000 sim inside a sim. Maybe if someone (or me) learns how bush trips are made, or using the checklist functions like CaptMatto found, it would be a super useful addon.

2 Likes

Complex aircraft with proper gauges (not those TV screens) would be pretty good to have and then have built into the training program. Then the next steps could be Instrument and Multi. :small_airplane: :smiley_cat:

@jonasbeaver

Have found a framework with how to set-up a bushtrip online and I rekon we could setup the checklists to run through items and take you through how to do things. Looking at Asobo’s code there are a lot of things you can test against using logical operators to make sure the user is doing what we exect them too.

The hardest part is finding the sim variables and instrument id’s to check against and getting the logic flow right.

Once I got my head around the various SImVar’s for the checklist it mostly became a 3000 line exercise in copy and pasting!

Thankfully I found that resetting the flight also reloaded the checklist so that saved a good few minutes on each iteration - I was having to go back out to the menu each time and that was a real pain! :slight_smile:

We could chat via DM and get some thoughts together and see where it goes?

What should be an appropriate power setting and cruise speed for the g36 with this mod? It should be 2500 rpm - 25 mp, right? At 7000 ft and with auto mixture, I only manage to get 23 mp, even with full throttle. So my max speed is around 145 ktas.

Flaps, gear and cowl flaps are all up. Am I doing something wrong?

Manifold pressure will reduce with altitude in a non-turbocharged or turbo-normalized engine. MP is just an indication of how much air is flowing into the engine. PoH will state 25mp or full throttle. At lower alts, let’s say 5 or 6k, 25mp is possible.

https://aviation.stackexchange.com/questions/13723/why-does-manifold-pressure-increase-with-power#:~:text=Manifold%20pressure%20is%20the%20pressure,causes%20a%20reduction%20in%20pressure.

Not the ask the silly questions, but A) are you sure the mod is loaded? (Verifiable with a Buses Tied indicator on the screen when engine off or idling below 2000 rpm). And B) are you sure that’s 145 ktas and not kias?

I fly the G36 often, usually at 7500 (for easterly routes). MP is usually 22 or 23 (full throttle), rpm 2300, and regularly fly around 150 kias (170ish ktas), depending on weight.

Please note the mod is broken and I’m looking to fix it in the new version.

Some under-the-hood changes that they sneaked in…

4 Likes

They like to keep us on our toes! :slight_smile:

I noticed that the G1000 (prerelease mod) doesnt come on in the updated MSFS; not sure which (or both) mods need updates?

Thanks for all your hard work making these! :small_airplane: :smiley_cat:

I can confirm this. Also the custom logic is not working (electrical system, cowl flap) due to a definition change in the interior xml. This is now fixed in my local build and I will announce it when pushed to the dev-version.

I’ve asked for a heads up from the G1000 team. They deliberately postponed their release to after the world update. For a good reason it seems.

2 Likes

“When Microsoft sneezes, the world catches cold.” :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Dev version is working again. Please confirm custom behaviors are working (electrical system indications, cowl drag)

Waiting for the G1000 mod team to catch up and release 0.3, then the new 0.5 version of the G36 mod will go live!

2 Likes

So I can put it back in, just not the G1000 mod yet?

Always an adventure with mods after an update lol

Can I have a few people test this pre-release:

I’d like to know if all custom behaviors are working, as well as tweaks to flight performance, effects and textures. I have little time now.

3 Likes