G36 Improvement Project

You can use a mod for that and it applies to most planes.

1 Like

Thatā€™s great, thanks Iā€™ll check it out!

Uwaā€™s mod is includedā€¦ So there is no point unless he updated.

2 Likes

Yep, I just discovered that. I tried editing the LIGHT_ASOBO_Taxi_G36.fx file by increasing the Range and Intensity numbers under LightAttributes.0 for the taxi light, but it didnā€™t seem to have any effect. Guess Iā€™m not doing the right thing.

Sooooā€¦ Is it just me or did they mess with trims since the last patch? I am having a hell of a time getting this thing trimmed out since the last patch. +/-500 ftp per trim input on the Alpha yoke. Aileron trim moves at +/- 0.5deg now vs 0.1 againā€¦ so a regression there.

Iā€™ve noticed when I startup the plane that both displays come on immediately when I flip on the batteries. I have the latest G1000 update from Working Title (I think), so did that change something?

I am flying an FSEconomy flight with 5pax total of 6 including pilot with 50% fuel on board and the plane CoG shifted to back making the plane tip back and having a tail strike right after I edit my load.

Is this normal on a Bonanza G36?

For this aircraft in FSE it is normal, unfortunately. It has to do with how FSE loads the mass. I just let FSE load in the fuel and passengers however it wants to, and keep the elevator trim at about 3 to 4 degrees nose up for take off and Iā€™ve never had an issue. With a full passenger load plus fuel, if the trim is much more than about 5 degrees nose up, the plane will rotate on itā€™s own without touching the yoke at 50-60 knots.

What is normal climb rate. When using ias of 84ish Iā€™m only getting 700 or so ftpersec. Seems low to me.

What is your mixture setting? If the mixture is set to full rich (100%), the engine power in the sim will be substantially less than maximum possible power. This is a known issue right now that Asobo needs to fix eventually. Try turning automixture on in the assistance settings. Or, if youā€™d like to adjust manually, lean the mixture during run-up when youā€™re at the 2000 rpm stage of the checklist. Reduce mixture until the fuel flow gauge reaches a maximum.

3 Likes

Iā€™m dumb. I new that issue too. I have pulled it back a few times in climb but wasnā€™t thinking about how bad 100% is. Iā€™ve had a stop on my mixture so it wouldnā€™t go past low 90s and removed it. Thanks for the reminder.

@FrettFS / @CaptMatto, planning do a short flight in the G36 this evening. Let me know if you need any additional video recorded for systems on the real airplane.

3 Likes

Iā€™ve been on a bit of a break since the release of 0.5. There are many things Iā€™d like to add/improve but many things are beyond my current programming capabilities. However, for future reference I can think of the following from the top of my head:

• Response of fuel flow to fuel pumps
  • Connection between ailerons and rudder while on the ground taxiing

Itā€™s late and canā€™t think of anything else atm. Have a nice flight!

5 Likes

Thanks so much

I think any footage of the leaning process would help everyone immensely :slight_smile:

Have a great flight!!

Reckon now the dust has settled we should pool ideas as to what we want to achieve next :slight_smile:

Iā€™m guessing the mixture oddities is on Asoboā€™s side?

EDIT: Once in cruise and with the new G1000 Lean page mixture isnā€™t much of an issue in the air anymore, just not being able to use 100% mixture on takeoff at sea level is just odd to me.

i think in the flight_model.cfg there is stuff on rudder and aileron connection.

something.

I agree. Itā€™s almost as if there is a linear connection between 0ft MSL, the mixture, and the power produced. I wonder if you took off from somewhere like death valley, where itā€™s below sea level, if youā€™d end up with full power at full rich mixture? LOL

There IS a linear connection here. Made these tables with SimVarā€™s and SKEW to understand what is going on using standard BARO

Elevation Mixture Lever Ratio Mixture Lever Ratio Mixture Lever Ratio Mixture Lever Ratio
0 100 0.105 75 0.083 50 0.0707 25 0.0517
2000 100 0.111 75 0.0879 50 0.0753 25 0.0549
4000 100 0.1182 75 0.0935 50 0.0797 25 0.0588
6000 100 0.125 75 0.0993 50 0.8421 25 0.623
8000 100 0.133 75 0.105 50 0.0901 25 0.0663
10000 100 0.142 75 0.1123 50 0.096 25 0.0703
12000 100 0.151 75 0.119 50 0.102 25 0.0749
1 Like

@FrettFS,

Here is a video showing the fuel flow on low (stabilized around 3gph). And then on High. I didnā€™t go quite all the way to peak, as this is a little excessive in my experience. But was around 18gph. (Also, ignore the first 4 seconds, I started to prime it and wasnā€™t sure I was recording) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nMQgs68Uh-8

Here is a video showing how the yoke moves left and right when making turns while taxiing. https://youtu.be/PdEp3WVpGB4

@CaptMatto, Sorry I did not see this sooner! Never ended up getting up to cruise altitude and leaning for cruise (just stayed at a few local airports). Will try to do that next time.

For good measure, here are 2 Stearman that were doing some formation passes at Stearman Field (1K1) before we departed back to Beech Field. https://youtu.be/nOf6rfbne-Y

3 Likes

Just wanted to say I tried this mod earlier finally along with the G1000 mod. Great experience. Looking for a few tips though. Been a few years since a flew a beech in a sim. Looking for prop rpm guidelines for takeoff, climb cruise, etc. also what is a standard landing/ approach speed? Iā€™m used to the TBM using around 85. Seemed to work for this but I think it was a little fast probably?