G36 Improvement Project

We’re currently not actively developing new improvements/features, but there are some plans for when we find some more time…

And of course if an update is required to ensure compatibility with the sim or upcoming releases of the G1000 mod we will deal with that!

7 Likes

Do you have to install the G1000 mod, or can you just use the G 36 Mod. I had trouble with the G 1000 mod with other aircraft?

Hi there, as far as I remember yo u don’t it. No harm to try it. Good luck
Mick

Hi @Riverrover

The G1000 mod is required for our mod. Please see first post for install instructions.

Regards

Matt

2 Likes

I’m so sorry, I was mistaken :pensive:

No problem :slight_smile:

All of sudden I cannot start the plane. Been flying it for months without problem.

Yesterday I landed on a sloped strip and the engine died when I was backtracking, fuel and everything was ok and I couldn’t restart it no matter what I did, correct fuel tank, full mixture, fuel pump with open throttle for 3-5 seconds, half inch throttle and ignition. So I tried to test it by turning it on with Ctrl + E and it worked. Parked the plane close the app and today I chose a different airport but cannot start it again. RPM reach about 700 and drop to zero as if the throttle or fuel was closed, oil press warning comes up in yellow than red. Both airports are at sea level. Any ideas?

Is hot start or vapor lock simulated in this mod? If so that might explain it. Next time I’ll try the hot start according to POH which consists running fuel pump on high for 30-60 seconds with the mixture on cutoff, proceeding to a normal start after that.

Had to go back to the first post to make sure I remembered correctly, but yes that is simulated, and not an uncommon issue in the real thing after a flight on a hot day.

• A hot engine running idle with little airflow may quit because the fuel evaporates. (Hotstarts WIP)
3 Likes

Hello - I’ve been using this mod for a while and really enjoying it, but recently started encountering a couple issues as follows:

1. The airplane gets “stuck” on the ground. When trying to taxi, it acts like the parking brake is on, but I’ve confirmed multiple times it is not. Occasionally if I try enough (turning rudder, full throttle, etc) it’ll break free and move, but usually will not. The most recent occurence was a few mnutes ago while I was holding short of a runway. Tower cleared takeoff and I couldn’t move, so had to abort. Note I’m using the Thrustmaster TFRP rudder/brake pedals. Most of the time it’s fine but periodcally gets stuck. I have not yet seen this happen with any other airplane (e.g. 172 consistently works). I’m at a point where I’m not going to use this plane anymore because it’s a show stopper, especially when using ATC (PilotEdge).

2. Occasionally when I reduce power to idle, the plane will stall. This has happened with two different hardware throttle controls (separately of course). As a result I make a practice now of not idling, but keeping the engine running faster. Maybe this is by design as discussed in a previous thread? No hot weather, etc involved, and it’s very random.

Are there any suggestions on how to resolve this, especially #1 where I get “stuck” on the ground? Thanks in advance.

Hi @bheiser1

We’ve not seen the issue of sticking with the plane (that I’m away of). I believe this is linked perhaps to an MS bug. Is it just one airport or location or does it happen at all airports? Can you try a number of airports, and locations for us? Be great to get some further data on the issue you’re having. I pretty much only fly the Bonanza and It’s not happened to me (yet) :wink: What airport / runway is it? We can then check if we see the same thing.

As to the ending stalling, this is a ‘feature’ - our real world pilots said that on occasion when the engine was hot the fuel could vaporise and the plane would stall - there were a few anecdotes about this happening on touchdown! I have always opened the cowl flaps when landing and taxiing after a long flight.

Let us know what airport/runway you have the issue.

Regards

Matt

Wow, thanks for the quick response! I’ll try the cowl flaps going forward to see if that resolves the stalling issue. As for the more critical issue, It has happened in multiple locations. Specifically it happened while taxing to rwy 29. It even happened while holding short of rwy 29 for a run-up. Then, today, it happened while holding short for rwy 29 at KSBP (San Luis Obispo). Tower gave takeoff clearance and I couldn’t move. Another that I recall recently was at L00 (Rosamond). I had landed, and taxied off to park, and got stuck.

Let me know if there are any other details I can share that would be helpful - thanks again! I hope I’m not doing something dumb, but I’ve checked & re-checked the parking brake, tried various motions with the brade pedals, etc… and this started once I installed the Thrustmaster pedals, so maybe they have a driver issue that is triggered with this specific plane.

1 Like

No probs, about to cook dinner but will check that airport later and see If I have the same issue.

Are you running our latest version etc?

Is there a way I can verify the version number? The filenames I see don’t include one. I downloaded and installed on Jan 10 2021 to make sure I had the latest after seeing this issue.

Our most up to date version was released on 3rd Nov so you should be ok. We have paused with the development for the time being but will update with critical fixes and to make sure it works with latest version of the sim etc.

Work getting in the way :slight_smile:

Sticky brakes has happened to me a couple of times on the Bonanza, almost as if the plane is “bogged down”. First noticed it on a short strip in the Bahamas but also a while later on a hard taxiway after stopping to wait for take-off clearance. Full power seems to eventually release it; I thought maybe you had introduced a mechanical fail! :smile:

I use a Thrustmaster Hotas4 joystick. I’ve got pedals but they’re not currently connected. I have been having issues with configuring the brakes and thought it was maybe that, planned to have a sortout session but not been back to it for a week or so.

Sorry I can’t offer any other info, but I was interested to see someone else had the same glitch. Will keep an eye on this thread

This is a general MSFS bug. I’ve experienced it in planes other than the Bonanza. But I haven’t been able to reproduce it. Exact same response that you had. Once I got through it by gunning the engine full speed and applying full left turn with the rudder pedals and it eventually turned enough to start moving in another direction. But, as soon as I turned back to taxi where I was going, it got stuck again and I gave up.

It started happening I think after the November update. I’d report it, but I can’t reproduce it.
I’m using 20 year old CH Products Rudder pedals. They work fine.

I have been having the same issue sticking to the tarmac for ages and have bought it up before it only happens to the Bonanza. I only fly in Australia.

I’ve also had the “getting stuck” problem in the Bonanza with the G36 Improvement Project mod. I have used Robert Young’s Turbonormalized Bonanza mod on several occasions, and I’ve never experienced the problem. I’ve also never experienced it in any other aircraft, but there are many light sport and ultralight planes in MSFS which I have never used. Here’s a list of the planes I have used:

Diamond DA40 NG (with and without the NGX mod)
Diamond DA40 TDI
Diamond DA62 (with and without the X mod)
Bonanza G36 (stock, G36 improvement mod, and Turbonormalized mod)
Baron G58
Cirrus SR22
VL3 (with Rotax 915 mod)
Cessna 172 (G1000)
TBM 930 (with the TBM improvement mod)
Caravan 208
King Air 350i
Citation CJ4 (Working Title mod)
Citation Longitude (stock and using the flight dynamics mod)

The G36 improvement mod is the only one in that list that I’ve ever “gotten stuck” with, and it has happened many times. In one notable case, I started a flight at parking space 12 at Galveston, TX (KGLS), and I could not move from the parking space after following the checklist and starting the engine. I’ve also been stuck on the taxiway holding short of runway 5 at Kahului, Maui, HI (PHOG). I’ve flown out of that airport many times, and I’ve been stuck multiple times with the G36 improvement mod, but never with the Turbonormalized Bonanza mod.

A workaround solution to get the airplane moving is to toggle active pause on and off a few times while applying taxi power to the engine. For whatever reason, this allows the plane to get moving. In some cases (for example, at Galveston, TX), I’ve had to toggle it several times, and each time the plane would move a few feet and stick again. After several active pause cycles, I was able to taxi normally.

I’m wondering if the type of pavement has anything to do with it. On some taxiways, I know that if I stop I will very likely be stuck. On others, I have no problems. I’m not sure how to test that hypothesis, but based on the appearance of the pavement in MSFS, it looks like the sim contains multiple pavement types.

3 Likes

I’ve even been stuck on the runway before take off asphalt or dirt.

I also have been stuck in Bonanza twice so far. Not in any other aircraft. Do not know if it is related to Bonanza in general or just to the mod version (I would expect Bonanza in general). In my case in both cases, it happened right when I spawned parked before a flight. In both cases, I managed to move it by applying full throttle and playing with the rudder. I have to check if Shift+P (pushback) works as well.

1 Like