G36 Improvement Project

For some reason I’m not having any of the lift problems being reported. Done a couple of flights this afternoon with the Bonanza and although I was watching for it, everything appeared normal to me. But I’ll experiment again tomorrow.

It’s mainly noticeable with full flaps. If you’re just using one notch for landing, it’s not that big of a difference.
When using full flaps and flaring with cut throttle you can feel that you could easily gain altitude again, as if it was too light since the drag is correct but you have excessive lift.

Is it just me or has the AC fan switch stopped working? I still get the hand icon and if I click can see the alt load increase, just no animation of the switch.

The vent switch never worked. Yes it does turn on/off, but the animation was missing from the beginning unfortunately.

Added hotfix instructions for the flaps issue to the OP. Not a new version since the change is one line and it will be fixed in the next update (so don’t forget to remove the hotfix then or just redownload v0.61)

4 Likes

anyone it is experiencing problems with the cold and dark start? when i start the power on and the avionics it all appears in the left screen, i dont think it is normal, and my comunity folder it is empty

PS: also the Baron, i think it is in all the G1000 avionics

After you turn the Avionics Switch to ON, on the right hand screen there will be a prompt along the lines of “Press to Start” above one of the buttons to activate that screen.

I am having an issue (previously described here too) where sometimes at some point during the flight the throttle idles and is stuck there (moving my physical throttle keeps resetting the throttle in the sim to idle). I can use the F keys and mouse to move the throttle but as soon as I touch my physical one it goes straight back to idle. Exiting to the main menu and loading into a flight again fixes the issue (which is very inconvenient if you’re in the middle of a flight). I’ve been using the mod all day today and yesterday with no issues, now this happens on 2 consecutive flights. As stated in another post I’ve seen here, I tried reassigning the throttle axis (even tried switching from “throttle axis” to “throttle 1 axis”) but it didn’t fix the issue so I am convinced this is not a hardware issue. Might also be worth noting that when this happened (on both flights) the camera also changed position at the exact same time the throttle first went to idle. I have most of my camera buttons on my throttle so these two might be linked in some way.

On powering up the avionics the right screen should show the Garmin logo in white on the black screen. You then “start up” the screen by pressing the furthest right button on the bottom, wait a few seconds then it should light up.

The only other thing I can think of is you’ve managed somehow to isolate the screen - it is possible, it’s a feature of the Garmin, so that everything appears in the left screen in the event of a failure. Maybe a key-binding conflict?

That really sounds like a controller conflict somewhere. I’d start with the search function on the left side of the controller options screen, type in Throttle and see what is assigned across all your controller options. Hopefully you’ll find the cross-linked throttle control. I’m not sure how the camera could be involved, since it would suggest whatever is closing your throttle is also changing the view, and I didn’t think it was possible to get two functions assigned to one button or axis. But FS has boggled my mind more than once since August, so I won’t hang my hat on that…

Unfortunately it IS possible to assign more than one function to a button press - but the sim does warn you if you attempt it.

I once assigned toe-brakes and rudder to the same. It worked but wasn’t doing it right so I removed it.

Good to know, thanks! I had gotten the warning before, but never tried to see what happens if I accepted the warning and still made the assignment.

I’ve taken a good look and there are no conflicts whatsoever, I’ve even unbound the default F1-4 keys. Absolutely no problems for the past 2 days and I’ve been flying the Bonanza a lot. Today however it happened again (nothing happened with the camera this time) on my first flight of the day. Never experienced such problems with any other aircraft/mod so I still believe it’s possible the G36 mod is causing this in some way. I’m using a Saitek/Logitech X56 so if anyone else is getting the same problem with this setup it might be a hardware issue instead.

Hi
I just having the same problems. First I was flying with MS trustmaster 2. Now I have new pc and Honeycomb alfa and bravo controller. I have configered different planes with diffent controller names. Problems still the same. I have flying Bech 36, robin 400 and Exstra.

That’s really weird that it is such an intermittent problem that pops up mid-flight, but not every flight. I’m on a Saitek Cessna yoke and other Saitek peripheries, but it sounds like others like Rotorman are seeing it on other hardware as well. The only jumps with the in-sim controls I’ve ever seen were at the initial flight loading, if the load-in throttle/mixture/prop/trim wheel setting were different than what I had my physical quadrant set to, but as soon as I touch the physical controller the sim snaps to agreement and stays that way.

Sorry I can’t offer any real help. If it’s not a controller conflict, I woudn’t have a clue what might be going on in the G36 mod that would have any impact. Or the sim itself, for that matter. This certainly wouldn’t be the first time I’ve read about weird problems that don’t seem consistently repeatable if the root issue is something apparently unrelated. My gut tells me there must be some commonality between flights where this occurs versus when it does not, but how to zero in on what that difference might be is an open-ended question.

Anything different or unique about today’s flight versus yesterday’s that you can think of?

The ONLY thing that remotely comes to mind is that I know a bunch of people have had issues with their settings going wonky around the times of the recent XBox server dropouts. But those were only noted during initially firing up MSFS, where the sim would take them to the initial settings where you can select your font size and things like that prior to checking for updates and loading into the main screen. Even then, a lot of people had their games settings changed back to default, but their controller settings were there. But some had to do full profile rebuilds in order to fly with their hardware.

Your case isn’t similar at all, but did you notice any internet disconnects, even momentary ones, around the times of the throttle to idle issue? Maybe not even a full disconnect but a slowdown in the data stream, like PG scenery being really slow to low?

I’m totally just spit-balling here, seeing if there’s something away from the controllers themselves that might be going on. I’m pretty sure such controller settings are all stored locally on your rig, but a brief interrupt accessing your profile settings saved in the cloud is the only thing I can think of at the moment.

you’re accidentally hitting the reverser on a plane with no reverser, happened to me too. Horrible coding on Asobo’s part, though.

Hmm anyone having issues with the mod since SU3?
Have no G1000 mod installed (there’s no compatibility patch out yet), just the G36 mod. Taxied and holding short at the runway, pulled the parking brake, released it and no matter how much I increase throttle, the plane is stuck to the ground. (see screenshot).

Applying rudder turns the aircraft a little but doesn’t move it.
Using slew mode doesn’t get it unstuck. If I slew into the air, I can fly without issues. Not sure if getting stuck is reproducible.

Also the default G1000 shows NaN on Manifold and FuelFlow.

Been a few posts about aircraft, and particularly the Bonanza, geting “stuck” - it’s happened to me a couple of times in totally different situations, but I can’t reproduce it. It’s eventually “freed” itself by using full throttle and moving rudder and elevators, just like you would if it happened on a muddy field for instance - but not on a taxiway!
It’s just one of those glitches that occasionally pop up and probably will continue to do so until the sim has fully matured. It’s a bit annoying but I don’t get too bothered about it.

1 Like

I’ve read about the issue some months ago and thought it’s already fixed in the sim…

Also the issue that you load up and despite turning on Bat+Alt the PFD remains black just occured to me. Setting Avionics Master to On turns on the MFD but it shows only some outlines of the display structure and a green circle, but no dynamic data at all.
This seems to be the “Known Issue” of the SU3 where the only workaround is to restart the sim.

Pretty annoying, again more broken than fixed with my favorite aircraft/system :frowning:

Well, looks like there is some work to do again. Question is how much of this is on WT’s part. The display of NaN is a returning issue that used to occur due to the use of custom XML variables. Strangely, the electrical system readouts do work, so I have no idea why it happens this time.

The airplane getting stuck issue has a long history. It happened to me once and since then I could not reproduce it. Using the SDK to check wheel and other parameters didn’t show any anomalies. This one remains a mystery until we find a consistent way of reproducing it…

In Asobo’s defence I must say that since 0.61 (3rd of November) we’ve seen little compatibility issues to my surprise…

2 Likes

This happened to me a couple of times even before this patch (the “being stuck on the tarmac” thing).
Also check that you haven’t inadvertently activated the Active Pause feature…