G36 Improvement Project

@Haggis1675

Thanks, someone mentioned that previously as well. We’ve updated the master branch with the correct version number but I don’t think it needs a full release until we have a few more changes.

1 Like

My engine won’t start because it says low oil pressure. I am in Iceland. What do I need to do?

Have you turned the fuel on? Just a guess.

Huh? fuel on what do you mean?

There is a tap/switch just in front of the pilots seat that is used to change tanks. This must be turned to select either left or right tank to enable fuel to reach the engine. You also need to change tanks periodically, suggest every half hour of flight, to keep the aircraft balanced.

The other likely possibility is that you need to open the throttle 10% before operating the starter or the engine won’t start.

1 Like

Or if at altitude the mixture could be too rich. Not sure if that’s possible in Iceland, though.

Thanks. Yeah I got those covered. For some reason it is not kicking on this morning. Maybe I should go kick the tires. Let me reload the flight.

If the outside temperature is very cold you may also need to switch the fuel pump to high.

Is that simulated? I’ve never needed the fuel pump to start so far.

To be honest I don’t really know - the checklist says to switch the fuel pump to low before starting which is what I always do. It was just a thought that a higher fuel pressure might help. This is, of course, real world thinking so no idea if it’s been translated to the sim.

1 Like

Hey all

The team added a more advanced simulation of engine startup:

• Cold starts: correct use of the fuel pump, throttle and mixture required depending on engine and ambient temperature
  • Under some conditions, idling the engine too soon after start may cause it to quit.
  • Flooded engine: pumping too much fuel to the engine may cause it to ignite slower or not at all.
  • Flooded engine start procedure (mixture low/cut, throttle halfway) may resolve this.
  • A hot engine running idle with little airflow may quit because the fuel evaporates. (Hotstarts WIP)

The best method is

• Mixture & throttle to full
  • Run fuel pump on high for 3/4 secs
  • Crack throttle open 1/4"
  • Turn starter
  • Lean as per lean page in MFD

Hope that helps?

7 Likes

Guys, there are checklists (even ingame) for a good reason :slight_smile:
Just follow them and you should be fine.

4 Likes

Whoo! It’s been a while, but time for me to crank up the 'ol Bonanza me thinks.

2 Likes

It has happened to me too, I had resorted to using Ctrl+E to start the engine.
I always use checklists, but maybe I got something wrong. I’ll try again this evening using your suggestions :+1:.

1 Like

Perhaps this is a question for the G1000 thread, but when flying the Bonanza is there a way to head directly to a later waypoint in the flight plan, and then have the G1000 follow the rest of the flight plan thereafter? Often Vatsim ATC will instruct me to proceed directly to a later waypoint and then follow the rest of my flight plan. Is there a way to select said waypoint and then hit a “Direct to” option, like one can in the G3000?

Or course there is

Is this mod compatible with the PMS5 GTN750?

That’s wonderful. Perhaps you would care to educate me on how to accomplish this.

Same way as with the G3000. Direct to the waypoint you want

So highlight the desired waypoint in the flight plan, and then what? I don’t see any option to choose “direct to” that specific waypoint in the flight planner.