G36 Improvement Project

@DabullAir this PMS5 GTN750 looks interesting. I too wonder if it is compatible with the G1000 mod?

https://pms50.com/msfs/

Guess I’ll install it and find out!

1 Like

Let us know how you get on! :slight_smile:

Bah, tried for a while to get it installed and eventually gave up. Besides, if it’s going to look like the image below (taken from the PMS50 GTN750 manual), then it’s not really for me.

Yeah, it’s too bad it doesn’t utilize the full screen space of the g1000. WIP, though so maybe down the road it will.

I got it working with the stock G36.

Now that it’s working have you tried putting back the G36 and G1000 mods?

But now seriously chaps, help me out here regarding this “Direct to” a waypoint in my flight plan business:
So here I am bumbling along to waypoint AHN. If I would like to proceed directly to TIGNA is my only option to hit the “Direct to” button, and then manually input TIGNA (which takes some time using the knobs), or is there a way to select the waypoint in the flight plan and somehow activate a Direct to that waypoint?

Hi there,
this video might help you:

good luck
Mick

1 Like

Just press the Direct To button (a D with an arrow) on the right side of the MFD.

Just wondering if there is any chance that this mod will ever be compatible with the new GTN 750. Really don’t want to delete this mod to use the GTN 750.

It already works fine with the GTN750. Just make the pms50-gtn750-aircraft-g36 load last. For example, add zz to the beginning (zz_pms50-gtn750-aircraft-g36). You will have a working modification of the g36, workingtitle-g1000 and GTN750. I’ve been using this bundle for over a week…

2 Likes

Great, thanks for the “zz” tip. Appreciate it.

1 Like

Per their documentation to get it integrated with the G36 mod you need to edit some files. I am not up to that.

I tried that and it didn’t work. It works with G36 improvement project mod and stock Asobo G36 but as soon as I use the zz trick to put the PMS mod at the end, the screens are black. I must be missing something.

Also, have you tried to use the Turbo Bonanza V3 mod?

1 Like

To be honest I have gone back to the stock G36 for the sake of using the PMS50 GTN750. I put the G1000 and G36 mod to the side for the moment.

Try to bring the folder structure to what it looks like in the screenshot![scr3|690x388]

scr1

1 Like

I always thought we put the avionics mods above the plane mods. i have all my avionics at the top a, aa, aaa, etc. and all my plane mods at the bottom, z,zz, etc.

you can still order avionics above or below each other with double letters.

I have had good luck using slew to move away from the area that the plane became stuck in. Use slew to move a short distance, then take it out of slew mode and you should be free to move.

1 Like

Good idea.

As a side note, I hate Slew. In FSX, you could choose between little movements and larger movements. In MSFS, you only get the choice of nearly 1/4 mile movements, which is useless as a tool to position the plane where you want it.

You can bind the joystick axis to the slew axis. This helps, but there is a bug: full deflection comes to a stop.

1 Like