G36 Improvement Project

This is generic. I’ve done all this and I can’t install the Bonanza via Content Manager.

I’m not sure what you mean by install via the content manager?

To install the mod, you need to download it via our GitHub repository and manually copy the z-bonanza folder into your community folder.

It will then overwrite the existing Bonanza.

It was change they made back around SU3 I believe, when you have any mods in your community folder they now also show up in the Content Manager, but show as “Not Installed”. The key take away being if the user sees it in the Content Manager, then the sim is correctly seeing it in their Community folder.

1 Like

@Raynen

Ah got you :slight_smile: that makes more sense :slight_smile:
I’ll add it to my list to see if there is anything we can do our end showing it as installed. :slight_smile:

@Polarbear375 does @Raynen’s post some up your issue??

2 Likes

Yes, Raynen is on to something here. I’ve place the bonanza folder in my community folder. Now it looks like its installed? How do I tell? All I see in the sim is the Textron Bonanza. How can I tell if its the mod or not? This is what I see in Content Manager:

Does this mean I’ve got the mod?

That looks right, easiest way to know for sure is start a flight from a parking spot. Once you turn on the battery if you see a "buses tied " caution message in the PFD, then the mod is running.

1 Like

Mod is installed. Followed Raynen’s steps for testing and sure enough, “buses tied” message is there. Thanks for all the help!

2 Likes

Glad you got it installed and working :slight_smile:

Let us know what you think after a few flights. Lots of things incoming for the next version.

1 Like

Just picked this up today before having to leave the sim alone for a weekend. While I haven’t gotten the chance to test it, I’m really glad a mod for the plane exists. Look forward to getting to fly it in a few days!

2 Likes

0.6.6 Beta 2 - Testers Required

Hi All

I’ve just released 0.6.6 Beta 2 on our development branch GitHub - TheFrett/msfs_g36_project at development

Updates:

• The aircraft persistence is now saved per aircraft! :fire: We now use the aircraft registration (Tail number) to save the tanks, switches etc. This means you can have multiple versions of the Bonanza flying at once with different registration numbers saving & remembering different aircraft states between flights.

• Addition of custom in game panel - this will be used to manage the aircraft. The window itself is currently empty.

4 Likes

Sorry but I can’t find where to download the file 0.66 Beta, could someone point me in the right direction.

Thanks

I have a weird issue : after starting the plane, if I idle the throttle between about 1000 and 1350 rpm, it tends to bounce in place a lot. Higher or lower rpms are fine. And after maybe five minutes, the bouncing gets less.

Is this maybe normal because the plane is warming up?

0.6.6 Beta 2.1 - Testers Required

Hi All

I’ve just released a small change to 0.6.6 Beta 2 on our development branch GitHub - TheFrett/msfs_g36_project at development

Updates:

• The aircraft persistence is now saved by livery rather than tail number. This change makes it much easier for the user to keep track of their aircraft rather than relying on remembering what tail number they were using across the fleet.
2 Likes

Does anyone else have problems with the Engine screen showing blank when trying to start a flight cold and dark (and obv after turning the battery and avionics on)? It was fine for me on my first flight, but after landing and reloading it’s totally empty.

I’ve tried restarting the sim etc.

Update: Seems okay again now? I restarted the sim, intentionally chose a different livery. Started cold and dark. Started Battery 1 and Avionics Master and the Engine screen has returned.

Will keep an eye out for what… changed.

My standby airspeed indicator does not work with the mod

1 Like

It’s a known defect since SU6. It’s already been logged and noted by the Sim Dev Team.

4 Likes

Thought I’d give you a sneak peak on building some POH material for the mod. Just spent a few hours flying around Cornwall testing cruise speeds at ISA - riveting stuff! :rofl: Think we have it pretty close to the numbers! At most we are 2knts out when at 25" / 2500rpm & 20°C rich of peak.

Now to do 10 iterations of 23/23 to get a good average…

8 Likes

That’s pretty good! Although if my experience with aircraft is to be trusted, the “real” performance should lag behind the book numbers, not ahead. :wink:

1 Like

Ah, that is because ours is extra special and shiny and new with go faster stripes :rofl:
I’ll see if we can tweak the numbers some more.

3 Likes

Co-Pilot mod again
Since the latest update I’ve started getting the “phantom” hands and back of head view again in the cockpit whilst using the Co-Pilot addon with the 0.6.5 version. disappears when removed. This appeared a couple of updates ago but I can’t remember now how it was resolved - I think you did a small update.
Anybody else having this problem?

EDIT - okay, not fault of Bonanza. Just tested and this occurs on all aircraft I’ve tried. Apologies if I’ve misled anyone!