G36 Improvement Project

@JuiceBox7535 is far more qualified than I am, but I remember him mentioning that both the Bonanza and the Baron overperform the numbers in the POH. If that’s the case, I suspect the performance numbers in the graph you showed are pretty close!

2 Likes

All that testing be quite boring in the end @CaptMatto, but indeed needed. In my training 25/25 was used during climb only, as cruising this way was too expensive :rofl: 23/23 is more common but if I remember well, 23/17 or 16 was the most used setting. Although this could be the circuit / pattern power setting, but it’s 15 years ago, sorry :sweat_smile:
Anyway, good luck on flying the power settings and keep up the good work! :+1:

1 Like

So as we all know the set to best mixture button is now faulty and this is a good thing, because it has prompted me to do things properly. My usual routine was to use the set best mixture button regularly in the ascent and descent, and once in the cruise, I would use the engine page EGT to fine tune the setting. However now, in the ascent, I use the engine page and EGT temp to set the mixture every 2000 feet. This is no problem with the power on, but how do I do this in the descent with the power on very low? What’s the right procedure here for setting the mixture?

Hey, thanks that’s really useful info though! The mod will have it’s own in game panel to manage things like state saving etc, as well as having a fully fleshed out POH that is relevant to flying the aircraft in sim.

Not only do I want some of the graphs for me (love a graph, inner geek coming out) , I think some will appreciate them as well. If nothing else as validation against our flight model changes and effort to make this as real as we can.

@StevoSim This is what I have from my checklists.

Although @jonasbeaver or @JuiceBox7535 are always a great source of knowledge :slight_smile:

Regards

Matt

6 Likes

Awesome thanks Matt. Some of the airstrips I like to land on are at about 4000 ft, would you still go full rich in such a situation or then would you rather try to lean it out a little once you’re say in the circuit?

In the traffic pattern and down low in general you want full rich so you have the option to go full throttle without damaging the engine.

At the low power setting / fuel burn on approach or in the pattern, there is essentially no difference when leaning or not for fuel savings. However, and this is huge, if you lean too much you limit the ability give full power. Full power can be essential at low altitude for things like an aborted landing / go around. Its kind of a big deal to be full rich on landing at airports with an elevation of 5000’ or less. Most POHs will suggest not even attempting to lean below 3000’ msl in cruise, let alone landing.

2 Likes

With those figures in prolonged decent the engine would suffer from shock cooling which can crack the crankcase, decent 18/2400 no lower than 17", for faster decent lower the gear, aim to enter downwind at those figures 16/2400 on final mixture full rich prop up
use PUFF pitch up, undercarriage down, fuel on fullest, flaps set aim for 80kts to roundout.

3 Likes

Say Matt (@CaptMatto) I was experimenting with Robert Young’s turbo mod to see what it was all about and I noticed that the the backup ASI seems to read the correct speed. I wonder what he changed to correct Asobo’s error?

Hey @StevoSim

I did some more digging and there is a fix on Avsim. Its related to the model files, there was a change to one of the LODs apparently; I’m hoping for a fix in the next sim update and if not I can fix here with a backup of the old LOD.

2 Likes

I also have the issue of the lost registration. Unfortunately I are not familiar with the files you mentioned. Are these Asobo files or mod related files? Is there a fix anticipated in either case that I can wait for or do I have to do something to fix it? If so: what do I have to do to fix it? Would appreciate any help and guidance please.

No wonder i came across with lots of problems flying this aircraft. Thought it is should orginally be like that. There are some very strange behaviour in default one!

1 Like

This will also fix the Reg display missing

1 Like

I am waiting for the next sim update to double check the status of the fix bu Asobo, if not I am ready to add a temporary fix.

There will be a new release coming just after the next update lands.

5 Likes

Thank you kindly: will implement ASAP!

1 Like

Replaced the questionable files and all is good! Registration shows and ASI is correct. Thanks very much for this. :+1:

Only problem for me now is that, after months of pretty much flawless functionality, I have now suddenly started getting inexplicable CTD’s after an hour+ of flying. This with both stock C172 and with the modded G36, so clearly something with the game itself, not the mod. Will have to try and track down the cause.

Hey,

I am new here and was wondering if it is normal for the aircraft to yaw right during take off instead of left because all the other propeller aircraft that i fly usually pull to the left.

HI All, I’m really pleased to announce 0.6.6 Beta 3 - Compatible with Sim Update 7.

• New! The Bonanza G36 Improvement Project is now listed as it’s own aircraft in the menu rather than overwriting the default aircraft. (please see livery note) In theory this should allow our aircraft and the turbo mod to coexist.

• New! Aircraft Persistence; all switches and fuel tanks are saved between flights

• New! Aircraft Persistence; saves for different liveries - have multiple Bonanzas in your fleet all with different personalities

• New! Beginnings of the Bonanza Hangar; currently an empty panel window, but basis for next beta release. You will be able to manage your aircraft here, check for spark fouling, oil changes and more.

• Reworked Engine performance figures: after more than 30hrs of testing and tweaking, the engine performance figures match the POH as close as we can get them. Our old changes were starting to be a bit over-powered and fuel burns were too efficient in SU7. TAS is within 0.22kts on average across the altitude spectrum and fuel flow within 1g/h.

• Fixed: NXi Engine System Page spacing

• Fixed: Aircraft getting stuck on the ground. Changed nose height on gear to reflect reference pictures, increased nose gear damping affect

• Fixed: Missing registration and ASI error

Please note: liveries for the bonanza will not work for our mod and will need some changes; I will add instructions as soon as possible.

11 Likes

So where can I download it please?

The link is in the post above yours.