G3X Question & wishlist

Hello all!

Love the G3X overhaul so much. Was wondering however why it displays aileron/rudder trim but not elevator trim? The autopilot doesn’t change the A/R trims (at least not on the screen), and these light planes only have elevator trim generally, the A/R trims are only ground adjustable. The G3X’s I have used IRL displayed only flaps and elevator trim.

Also, this may be in the works, but it would be amazing to add PFD Presentation option of Round Gauges in addition to the default Tapes display. Currently the option is greyed out in sim. It’s minor but IRL I do like to use the Gauges. Lastly, will there be support for charts and terrain/obstacles, options to further customize (i.e. show track or different fields at top, brightness settings, etc.)?

Thank you a million for the overhauled G3X, especially for including an engine page! Can’t wait to see more planes in sim utilizing the overhaul, and can’t wait for hopefully more added to the G3X. Thanks again!

Charts is a Navigraph question - suggest asking on their forum. The likely answer is Yes, but they need a plug-in and an SDK / documentation from WT - that’s still why the CJ4 doesn’t have charts post AAU.

1 Like

Good question. According to Page 81 of the Garmin G3X Touch Pilot’s Guide, it can be configured:
Screenshot 2024-02-20 120156
The “Trim/Flap Position” option appears to be missing from the “More Options” menu too.

1 Like

Missing in build v1.37.4.0 too:
G3X Elv Trim Missing v1.37.4.0

2 Likes

I’ve noticed the “trim” setup box is greyed out. Hard to believe it’s not implemented yet. Hopefully in the final version!
Regards

Correct. It may have been an oversight, or by design (don’t ask me why), in which case this is not a bug.

1 Like

I wonder when will the ski and float variants of the xcub get the G3X

1 Like

Only during installation, as indicated in the highlighted text. Trim indicators can be configured using panel.xml (simulating what an installer would do), and then you will get the functionality.

The installation options on particular aircraft were chosen based on real world references.

3 Likes

@ Bishop398:
Thank you for that information! :slightly_smiling_face:

I’m not a pilot in real life, so had no idea if this was an oversight, or by design. I’m surprised that in real life elevator trim would not be chosen to be displayed by the aircraft’ owner. Seems like an obvious choice, but apparently not!

I’m missing the ability to tune ADF frequencies in the XCub. Lots of bush trips with NDB’s, but no way to tune them.

Is there an ADF receiver on the plane? I think this capability hasn’t existed since 2020 when the XCub was introduced as part of the base sim.

FYI, There is no mention of ADF in the Garmin G3X Touch Pilot’s Guide. Page 109 only lists Com 1 & 2, Nav 1 & 2 and Xpdr.