GA Airplane - Constant roll to the left in coordinated flight

:wave: Thank you for using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

NO

Have you disabled/removed all your mods and addons?

YES

Which aircraft are you reporting an issue about? (Please also add the proper tag for it)

Robin DR400 and C172 G1000

Brief description of the issue:

When using GA planes, I’m having a constant roll to the left as I let go of the yoke.

I thought it was related to my rudder calibration but it is not as I only have this issue with propellers aircraft.

I know about P-Factor and Adverse Yaw as I’m IRL private pilot but this is not that.

As you can see in the video below, I’m in cruise and my turn coordinator is centered and as soon I let go of the yoke, it rolls to the left.

In the video, it is a preset weather with no wind and both pilot and co-pilot have the same weight in the W&B section.

I’ve tried with the C172 G1000 and same issue but the roll is less pronounced. But still, I need to constantly apply corrections.

Until now, I’ve always activated the auto-rudder assistance for GA airplane which also coordinates the roll as per my understanding.

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Roll Issue.mp4 - Google Drive

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

Ref. Description section

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

MFG Crosswind rudder

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

No

I’m not a real world pilot but I wouldn’t have though P-Factor would apply here as you are in level flight. It looks more like torque. Do you get the same effect if you throttle all the way back, then let go of the yoke?

Yes

It is quite pronounced with the DR400

Yes

only happens in the C172 G1000 standard tricycle gear variant. It behaves as if the weight and balance is far left of center on the lateral axis. W&B shows that it is perfectly balanced but still rolls to the left. DR400 works fine and has no adverse roll.

Increase dihedral should act to correct this, but it does not – no matter how ridiculously high you make it .

1 Like

There’s always a little bit of spiral mode going on in the PA-28 and C172s I fly, but not to the extent of the sim.

I still wonder if it has to do with the tail area being interpreted weirdly in the flight model. I’ve still never gotten an answer on whether it’s interpreting that correctly.

Crazy that even an absurd amount of dihedral doesn’t nullify it.