GAIST Global AI Ship Traffic V5 and Great Lakes

You seem incredibly rude and abrupt to people that seem to be trying to assist you. If you don’t agree with them or don’t want to follow any of their advice/suggestions, maybe a bit more politeness wouldn’t go amiss.

9 Likes

Folks, focus on the thread, not on each other.

6 Likes

Yay! I found a solution that works and without the nuclear option of re-installing the entire sim :smiley: :rofl: :star2: :tada: :balloon: :balloon: :tada: :confetti_ball: :trumpet: :trumpet: :trumpet:

In that case it would maybe be helpful to share with the community what that solution was?

16 Likes

Along with AIG air traffic, this add-on is a “must-have” for me, especially when I fly VFR or low airways IFR into coastal regions, but I still have the freeze issue at the moment.

Hopefully the creator will soon find the cause and fix it, or at least SU9 will fix something relate to AI ships and ferries…

I’m not sure that it is an issue with the sim that would be fixed by SU9 or beyond, as other shipping mods are working smoothly. If @AviatorDown8227 has a solution that would suggest it’s not a sim bug too. Looking forward to hearing what solution is though…

Sorry yes it was 2.0 in the UserOpt.cfg file so 200 on the settings.

Ah! Great, thanks for explaining that. I was wondering what people meant.

Ran across this beauty flying around Maui…

And then this impressive warship off the coast of Dover…

Love the surprises this add-on brings!

11 Likes

As for the CTDs with GAIST and/or AIG:

I don’t know but I hope this helps other people too.
This workflow helps me 100%

After the CTD I leave the community folder UNTOUCHED.
Then I start the sim in safe mode, delete the rolling cache and turn it on again.
Then I make one short flight in safe mode.
After that I close the sim and restart in normal mode, all problems are gone.

Maybe this will work for you too.

:crossed_fingers: :crossed_fingers: :crossed_fingers:

This sequence fixed the problem for me. I was guaranteed either a hang or a crash to desktop when trying to start a flight if GAIST Ultra was installed. Interestingly, just deleting the rolling cache without being in safe mode following one of these crashes/hangs did NOT help. Now I’ll see if the problem stays away. Never had trouble with the prior v2 version but that was before the MSFS update today.

1 Like

CTD and freeze when loading a flight seem two different issues. Rolling cache solution (on/off/clear) may work for CTD but plays no role with freeze. Nobody knows what cause the freeze issue now.

1 Like

I missed your post, would give a try as both of you suggested!

Like I said, I don’t know why.
But I know that it ALWAYS works for me.
No matter which update.
I’m glad it helped at least once.

How many times did you guys started a flight before saying this has fixed the issue?
Because I can start/quit almost 5/6 flights but it will eventually freeze.

If it works for like 20/30 flights in a row, then we could say it is fixed.

I’m trying the trick now but since I play without cache, I cannot ‘turn it back on again’.

EDIT: tried it, freeze on the first try after restarting in normal mode, I actually turned rolling cache on for the test. :man_shrugging:

The investigation continues on my side…

If you plan to start 20 to 30 times in a row without a crash or freeze, then you are on your own.
I personally haven’t seen anything like this since the sim came out.
My suggestion only refers to the fact that at some point nothing works anymore.

I understand, let us know if you freeze again.

Well… anyway today I flew:

Rio - traffic pattern, lots of ships
Barcelona - traffic pattern, lots of ships
Sydney - traffic pattern, lots of ships.

And then from Innsbruck to Salzburg…no ships.
No problems, no crashes.
For me, that’s more than enough for one day.

2 Likes

Thanks EbenenAbgrund5 for the suggestion but, unfortunately, I had the same experience as Flobud when I followed your steps, except the my hang occurred on the 2nd flight after restarting in normal mode.

I am not surprised that different people have different results. This hang problem seems to have a mind of its own. Many people don’t seem to have any problem at all. Amazing!

Crazy

I never said it always helps.
For me it works perfect.
At least it seems to have helped MajorAnxiety.
And hopefully others.
This sim is an insane monster that no one will ever master…at least that’s how it seems to me.