Game audio gone after computer awakes from sleep

After sleeping the computer and waking it up again, there is no sound in the game. Other than that, it seems to be working perfectly. Other Steam games don’t have the problem. Other programs running on the PC all have their normal sound. Anyone else seen (heard) this?

Would you expect that it should work? It would be awesome to shut down the plane, sleep (the computer), wake up, and take off to the next destination.

I bought MSFS 2020 on Steam Sep 2023. The problem has been there from the start. The gaming PC is brand new running Windows 11 Pro - haven’t had any issues with it. The default audio is set to my TV via HDMI. I’ve played around in the various audio settings dialogs and nothing I’ve found has any effect.

I’m not in Developer mode and I don’t have any mods installed other than “Better Lights” for the Bravo throttle.

Thanks!
Ron

Is there a sleep function on the HDMI port that isn’t waking up?

Thanks for the reply. I’m getting sound from everything other than MSFS, so the HDMI port is probably okay. One of the things I’m most interested in is if there’s anyone else seeing this behavior.

Using the words sound and sleep doesn’t give any returns with this issue in a search of the files here.

It does seem to be unique to your setup.

I have almost the same behaviour: when I sleep/hibernate my pc with MSFS open and wake it up, I usually don’t have sound for any of the applications. I have to slightly move the speaker volume level in the taskbar and sound is back for all the applications including the sim. In your case only MSFS has no sound. Next time you have the issue could you check your MSFS icon sound volume if it is not at zero ?:

1 Like

My experience supports your statement in that I’ve been sleeping my PC with MSFS running since release and do not lose sound (hdmi to LG OLED Tv).

One thing I do before I sleep the computer is to go into the ‘load flight dialog’. Don’t select anything just leave it open before pressing the sleep button. This is a standard modal windows dialog which stops all MSFS cpu activity while it is open. Once I wake the PC I just cancel the dialog and return to my flight with no detrimental affects.

Maybe this will help to keep your audio OP?

1 Like

Thanks for the replies! I have notifications turned on, but haven’t seen anything, so more work to do on that front. I tried AboezD’s idea of opening the LOAD dialog before sleeping, but unfortunately that didn’t work. I have also tried jiggering every audio setting on a PC, so it’s nothing simple like that. Bummer, I wish I could make this work. Those of you that aren’t having a problem, are you running FS on Steam?