Game does not start

Right click “Start”
Click “Settings”
Click “Update & Security”
Click “Reset this PC / Get Started” And be sure to choose “Keep my Files”

Reply with results.

I will (as soon as I get back to my gaming laptop), thank you.

Because a lay person bought a gaming PC which came with overlocking, but a lay person does not know what is it nor that it’s there in a first place.
Try to be a bit more understanding. The fact that you’ve spent your entire life with computers does not mean everybody else did. I spent my entire life digging thru endless books but I will not expect people to know what I know, that’s why they come to me for advice, that’s why we are using this forum. FAQ are there, but if one does not understand FAQ, one will not follow the advice that is given there, no?
Thank you for help

Hi @CustomOrc225503

the point was, that you mentioned in former posts ( big ctd thread ) that your PC was made ready by your IT and you are informed about what they have done “only upgrade of RAM 16 to 64gig”.

I have understanding that not each poeple in the world have / want / need deep knowing about computers. But in point of OC I / we are in meanwhile a little bit “sensitive”. This is because a lot of users do overclocking and have the opinion that in case the system/application ( which ever ) crash the application is then the root-cause, instead the OC. Mosty users dont tell that they done OC ( in BIOS, or with tools like Afterburner , etc. ).

We had former toghether a discussion to find out what’s the issue in your case. Your new solution-post sounds like that you known about existing OC. If that was not the case, then I have to say sorry.

The MS FAQ have a similar assumption: it mention “disable OC” and the assumption is of course that users have “enabled” it.

We had already other cases where users let pre-overclock here PC Systems from “knowing peoples” or from where they bought the PC , but this OC was not stable. It worked find for MS Word, but not for a demanding app like MSFS. Overclocking is also for a gaming pc not normal. Todays “newer” hardware is already at the limit. All these new CPUs and much more the GPUs work at the limit and manual OC needs much experiance, it’s just more as increase a frequency.

1 Like

may be because little bit less informations :wink:

Before you wipe your whole windows, you can check the windows event log for possible errors and share this.

Because you own 16GIG RAM, you can also check your pagefile setting and may be increase it manually to a ( min/max 8/32 ).

Of course check also that all updates are done… Some MS Store issues can also fixed with a Store reset → wsreset command.

I will, thank you.

Dear all,

I am back at my MSFS laptop and tried the various fixes described above:

• the issue still persists after resetting MS store via the wsreset command
  • windows event log does not show errors (application or otherwise) at relevant timestamps (attempted start of the game)
  • manually changing the page file setting led to no different results either
    Thank you all for your help, nevertheless. It seems like my PC does not remember the game was installed…

Best,
Underbird

An update (I haven’t been back on this a while now). My second loading failure was once again an X-box problem. Not ‘gamer ID’ corruption this time but some communication module failure within it. ASOBO sent a list of things to try (I had tried some) and a link to X-box support where:
I briefly saw a message about something wrong & an invite to repair it. I did that and it was fixed. (quick reactions- it tried to vanish as soon as it appeared).
Anyway roll forward to last week and it happened yet again!! Something (updates or whatever) keep upsetting the X-box app status in Win 10. But this time i found it is far quicker and easier to just uninstall X-box, restart PC and reinstall it: 5 mins instead of ages faffing.
One more thing - they reccomend we have 'English (USA) Keyboard installed to help the sim. So as a user of English UK I just added that. Not having it onboard must stress some of the sim.

I have the exact same issue as you. Start the sim, it appears briefly in Task Manager and then disappears.
Ive opened a complaint to Asobo. Waiting.
I’ve tried everything (tried to install the sim 3 times since update), reinstalled Windows.
Nothing!!!
In the event viewer it first showed an error with an dll file, but now it says the error is from flightsimulator.exe
I was trying not to install the sim again… since it is this so fantastic and fast process (around 24h)

1 Like

Hi CataYT009. Welcome to the forum!
I would not like to repeat what you might have heard already, but do make sure you check if it is overlocking messing around with your sim. Go to youtube, search for “how to disable overlocking” or something like that and try it out. It worked in my case although after few updates I turned it on and it seems that my sim does not mind it anymore. But it’s me and my sim.
Again, update everything you can think of. Windows, graphic card etc.
My guess is that reinstalling windows or sim is not going to help at all. Just gonna give you some grey hair and a massive waste of time.
Best
Andrw

I feel sorry for you. Reinstalling the complete sim solved the issue for me, unfortunately it does not seem to do the same for you.
Keep us posted, the developers need to recognise this issue!