Game freezes while loading a flight

#pc

Microsoft Store version

Don’t have any add-ons in my Community folder.

I don’t use Developer Mode

When I have selected a flight in Flight Simulator or want to start an existing flight, the game freezes after 5/6 of loading. It happens with every plane and also in safe mode.

Graphics card: AMD Radeon RX 5700XT
Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 3600
RAM: 16 GiB

The problem occurred the first time on 7/9/2021.

Zendesk ID: #124162

I have exactly the same problem if you try a flight from London Heathrow (EGLL). The game starts to load a flight - for eternity! Finally, you’ll have to press Ctrl - Alt - Delete to kill the simulator. Funny how it used to work and load straight away in the past. There is a troubleshooter they have implemented, but it still doesn’t work. Apparently, the fault lies with ASOBO and has nothing to do with having your community folder empty or full with software. I’ve reported back to support again, regarding this serious glitch. They really need to sort it out.

Is the problem with you only in London? I have it on every flight.

I have exactly the same issue… I already reinstalled the game… same issue. I experrienced this issue since the august update.
In task manager, the game process says : stopped working, and showing 0% CPU usage.

1 Like

Hi there,
Try the following (It works for me): 1 Select nearby airport to EGLL (like RAF Benson). 2 Load flight. 3 Stay on the tarmac for a couple of minutes. 4 Go back to main menu and load flight selecting EGLL…voila!

I had the same issue with EGLL, LOWW and ESSA

Ps. It works with any airport

I can’t start a single flight.

I have the same problem just about every flight, fortunately only a few times resulting in a CTD.

I have sometimes the same Problem. What I did, was to empty the Folder “SceneryCache”. The Path to that folder is (DVD Version) C:\Users\Your Name\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\SceneryCache. With a new Start the Folder ist filled again with the actual data.

I have the same problem, certain airports do not load, but I can fly and land on them if I start from an airport 10-15 nm from the trouble airportm thing is normal.
If I start msfs in safe mode the problem is not there, but I mt carenado planes and navgraph integrations are disabled

Apparently, it is anywhere in the south east of England. Elsewhere it seems normal.

It’s the same at RAF Benson. stuck on loading. Thanks anyway.

Exactly, I paid to be able to fly this sim not work on it all the time

2 Likes

Experience this issue as well, sometimes it is livery dependant, some liveries force 2 blackscreens while loading and then the loading-screen is freezed in VR.
Since the last MSFS crash (landing challenge Duesseldorf had orcan winds and the whole computer crashed) it refuses to load this landing challenge and always freeze the loading screen.

I started to get this issue after Sim Update 7. Does anyone know how to fix it?
I can’t start a single flight.
I reinstall the game and delete everything from the community folder, but it didn’t work. Thanks

I have this issue

what do you mean by new start?

what should the status of the rolling cashe be?

that sounds right im in the south east and just hangs while loading a flight ,have to go to task manager to end it.

Good Day. PC has Ryzen 7 8 core. Graphic Radeon RX 5700 XT MSFS 2020
has 458gb ssd sole use. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the game
twice. The community folder is empty. On loading and then selecting a
flight eg training. select FLY, the correct screen comes up but the
blue bar only gets to 75% across and then freezes. The only way too get
out of it is ctl alt del. Also the opening screen asks whether I want
to start in Normal or safe mode which is nonsensical considering this is
a fresh install. Whats the solution??? Regards Grahame Cross.

From zendesk suggestions https://flightsimulator.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/4406039624338-All-versions-Loading-issues-Checklist.

https://flightsimulator.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/4406047820690-All-versions-Sim-freezes-or-crashes-before-loading-fully.

RESTORE THE SIM TO ITS VANILLA STATE Did all this twice. Tried using a different gamer tag

Second email to zendesk. Good Day again. Well having done all that was suggested plus more. The more included upgrading to Win 11, uninstalling and reinstalling the whole thing twice and the programme still refuses to go past the FLY instruction in all the various activities. To use the word frustrating is an under statement. All I want is to use is the programme that I paid for.

3 Likes

I have the same problem and did the same fix inquiries. Two reinstall and no community folder. How did you fix. All I want is what I paid for. About ready to start a complaint with the consumer protection agency.

1 Like