Game pass & MSFS

Hi All, looking for a bit of help which would be appreciated as i’m not the most tech savvy.

On my Xbox Series X which I currently use MSFS for, I’ve had a free Game pass for almost a year which came with my broadband fibre install. This is now coming to an end so unless I start paying for Game pass I will loose MSFS.

As I don’t play any other games & only flight sim on my xbox via the current Game pass, I assume that if I purchase the game to own, all my add-ons that I’ve purchased via the marketplace within the sim will show up in a purchased version?

I’ve looked on the microsoft website at my account/order history which lists them out but only shows option to view the invoice & no option to re-download. I take it this is correct & they will show up in the content manager in a purchased version?

I have also given it some thought maybe in the future to move away from Xbox & use flight sim on a PC. My question here is would everything I’ve purchased on the Xbox move over to a PC? Or as I’ve only purchased them via Xbox/market place they will only work on that platform?

Thanks
Mike

Yes to both provided you use the same login / ID. Your Marketplace purchases as well as MSFS itself are tied to your XBOX sign in, so long as your using the same one you’ll have access.

Important note when switching to PC. Download the Store version (don’t switch to / re buy from Steam) or you will lose access to your previously purchased content.

1 Like

I moved from XBox to PC and kept all my achievements, logs and dlc.

Edit: So long, that is, that you go via the Windows store. If you purchase it from Steam your dlc will not cross over with you.

Thanks for the replies really appreciate it. Yes all purchased through Xbox market place within the sim & same xbox sign in. The sim itself is on game pass which expires soon so sounds like I will be good to purchase it & my add-ons will work fine.

I have no idea what Steam is to be honest as I’ve never looked into but I assume its just another game pass type thingy.

Thanks
mike

Well I didn’t know that there flight simulator came on regular game pass derpy derp on me

He doesn’t need the ultimate, if he moves to pc, he will just need the Game Pass PC version of it. Or if he keeps using on console, the Game Pass console. Ultimate comes with extras he won’t need (xcloud, Xbox gold and game pass for both platforms).

OP, if you want to keep your marketplace purchases, the only thing you need to pay attention is buy from the Microsoft Store (not from Steam). Also, buy before your game pass time ends, because game pass subscribers get discounts for all games, if you wait your subscription to end, you will pay full price.

1 Like

I thought you needed ultimate to get MSFS(on XB)

No, standard is included with Gamepass, and then you can purchase Deluxe and Premium Deluxe from there.