Game randomly crashes mid flight

I’m just flying around and minding my own business but all of a sudden, while mid flight, msfs just freezes and after a couple of seconds, I get a CTD. This happens almost every flight that is 20+ mins long.
My DirectX version is on 11, yes I already tryed to remove every addon and yes, I tried to start in safe mode. Any ideas? I’m getting sick of this.

Exactly the same thing happens to me. Especially when I use the mouse to move around the cabin or in exterior view. It freezes for a few seconds, and directly to the Windows desktop. I’ve tried clearing the shader cache and removing the extensions I use, leaving the simulator in basic mode. Nothing works.

Same to me. More or less after 40 min, and CTD. From 3 flights 1 I can land on average

I just got a CTD too! I suspect it’s a server issue since they just started happening again! Are you guys on steam or MS?

Im on steam. Right after posting it happened again… 2 times

Here is Steam too

I have the Steam version. I have had 3 flights today. In the first, the CTD occurred in the external view a little over an hour into the flight. In the second one, I did the same route and I was able to land without problems after an hour and a half of flight, but as soon as I got to the gate, and I put the external view to see my stopping position closer to the Jetway, wham, another CTD. The third flight has been two hours, when being less than half an hour from arriving at the airport, there has been a total electrical shutdown of the plane. I tried to activate the batteries to start the APU, and when I used the mouse to change the cockpit view, wham, another CTD. I’m completely fed up with each update breaking something else from the simulator. My wife, every time I tell her that they have updated the simulator, she tells me that they have broken this time.

The weird thing is that my friend im flying with right now isnt crashing at all. Same servers, same settings and he has a pc that is almost like mine too…

Have you tried removing all addons? It is true that I tried to remove them, and apparently the simulator was working fine, but I did not spend more than 20 minutes in pre-start, and I did not make any flight. I would have to try it on another flight, but today it was no longer for another one that ended up in CTD. It’s been enough.

I removed everything except the things I need which are 3 addons: TBM930 Improvements, WT G3000 and the WT G3000 RD addon but as said my friend has the exact same addons that I have. Ima try to remove everything and check.

I am on Steam too! It may be a Steam server issue! I noticed a steam update right before launching MSFS 2020. I don’t think this issue has anything to do with the addons! Most CTDs (at least based on my experience) are related to server issues, either on Asobo side or Steam!

Disableded rolling cache to test

Did you have multiplayer mode enabled when the CTDs happened?
Maybe there was some error with loading addons onto multiplayer…

Nope! I don’t have the multiplier on! I have a suspicion that it could also be the AmbitiousPilot Pushback toolkit! But I will have to check that tonight!

pushback is a good safe app.

I really can get irritated when i have a CTD just before landing after a 3hr flight or so. It’s happening more and more after SU8 in my case… really annoying

1 Like

So turns out that the WT G3000 addon causes my CTDs. It could also be caused of the Road Data addon for the WT G3000 but I just removed both of them. I didn’t have any problems with the Pushback addon so I guess it’s safe.

Are you using the latest WT 77 version?

Yes. I have version 0.7.7 installed.

You said that you tried safe mode. I guess that means safe mode is not safe either.

1 Like

Thanks for the heads up. I installed 77 just after the SU8 update. I wonder if that’s why I’m getting constant CTD’s. I will test that tomorrow. Thanks