Game stuck on blue bar

Just downloaded the latest game update, and am now unable to fly. Each time I select aircraft / airport and select fly, the blue bar progresses and then remains at 100%. I’ve waited 30 mins + and still no luck. I’ve deleted my cache, restarted, chosen different aircraft, liveries and airports and no joy. Any tips welcome! Many thanks!

Encountered this problem today too. Removed mods and addon aircraft, and ran in safe mode, but still ran into the problem.

Steam or store version?

If steam verify integrity of game files

if you do that, you force a complet reinstall !!

Oddly, I’ve done this recently and didn’t happen to me?

oh… some users would be happy if that works, we have a open bug : Steam - Verify Integrity of Game Files Deletes All Content
about these behavior.

@Weisy82 you tried already with an empty community folder ? … or do you had google maps add-on installed ?

1 Like

I’m running the store (non-steam) version, and this problem started seems to have started after a windows security update. Ran fine this morning before updating.

What plane are you loading in? That happened with some planes that needed an update after the latest sim update was released. FBW A320 Stable version being one. Headwind A330 being another.

2 Likes

like the OP, I’ve tried multiple planes & locations

OK. Seems to be working now. Emptied my community folder and reinstalled the A32NX. For those who helped - many thanks. For those still struggling - good luck!

2 Likes

Thanks for sharing I was not aware!

1 Like

All the problems I recently experienced related to startup freeze were about out of date addons. There’s always stomething new to blame, a Windows update, new GPU drivers etc. But my suggestion is always to start with the addons. Disable all of them and restart. If it runs, then start to check for available updates for each one of them.
I wonder if someone, in the future, will ever be able to make a “global” addons updater. Would be a great piece of software.

“maven” for msfs mods :grin: … I fear it is same “fate” (?) as all other “open” moddable games. We can not be sure that mods works fine after an update, sometime yes, othertime not.
Therefore the basic rule for installing an update is : “empty community folder”, which also the msfs-installer mentioned.

PS: I would happy if ensured the mods which are selled over the market-place are allways compatible, or at least the necessary update will auto-installed with new game release.