Give a brief description of the issue:
When moving the mouse without pressing any buttons while MSFS is focused in fullscreen borderless, MSFS stutters or freezes until the mouse stops moving.
Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:
Not yet, working on getting OBS working.
Detail steps to reproduce the issue encountered:
- Load into any aircraft at any location
- Move the mouse without holding any buttons down
I recently noticed lag when moving the mouse in the cockpit. It manifests as a stutter, and I wasn’t originally clear on the cause. After loading a flight tonight, I realized it 100% correlates to moving the mouse. I then tried just moving my mouse in circles (not holding any button, just moving the mouse) and noticed that so long as the mouse is in constant motion, the sim will completely freeze until I stop moving it.
- I use a wired Razer Basilisk. I have used this same mouse with MSFS for several months with no issue.
- I checked to make sure nothing strange was assigned to the mouse movement axes and even reset the mouse profile.
- I tried changing cockpit interaction from Lock to Legacy with no improvement.
- I do use other peripherals including the Honeycomb Alpha, Honeycomb Bravo, Logitech radio panel, Desktop Aviator parking brake, and (when not using the Alpha) the Thrustmaster Warthog stick. I also always use TrackIR.
- I do have addons installed, but the only two that are “new” in terms of when I’ve started experiencing this issue are the F6F-5 Hellcat by Flyingiron and the M-346 Master by IndiaFoxtEcho. However, the problem is not unique to either of those planes.
- This only happens if the game is focused. If I move my mouse around after clicking on my second monitor to unfocus the game, I can move the mouse fine even back in on the sim monitor. If I click again to regain focus on the sim, the problem returns.
- If I hold down the left mouse button and move the mouse, there is no issue while moving the mouse
- If I hold the right mouse button (which enables mouse look so long as it’s held) there is no issue while moving the mouse
I’m going to start removing addons and troubleshooting hardware but wanted to post this in case anyone else has experienced this issue. I found a few threads with this exact issue but they were all from throughout 2021 and none of them had a solution or recent replies. Though I’ve never experienced it before now, I’m assuming it could be related to those threads but it seems obscure enough that no one chimes in.