Game wont start

Had similar…found turning off firewall during pre start up solved it…

Well i finally reinstalled it and it now works, no more CTD at startup. After i managed to go around the “request not supported” error as described in my previous post, the installation process went normally and MSFS now starts without crashing. Fortunately i didn’t have to configure all the controls again, somehow all the assignments were carried on from the previous installation.
Thank you for all the suggestions.

1 Like

Alex,

I am running my head into a wall on this issue.

To understand you correctly - by “go around the Request not supported” you mean starting it as admin every time or changing the properties to run as admin?
Or did you manage to just execute it using default permissions?

/Stephen

I couldn’t repair the old installation no matter what i did, so i had to do a clean re-install.
When you reinstall, first you need to go to the MS Store and download the initial package (aprox. 1.65Gb), then press “Launch”.
When i did that, i got the “Request not supported” error and couldn’t go to the Update screen where you download the 100Gb package.
The way i got around this error was to look for “Flight Simulator” in the Windows search bar, and then right click and choose “Run as Administrator”. Only then i was able to go to the update screen and finish the installation by downloading the 100 Gb package.

After that, the sim started normally, i don’t have to run it as administrator every time.

1 Like

This problem is so odd. I am at the same position where I am doing a clean FS installd downloading the 100 GB with multiple crashes occuring having to delete partial files and restart. Some times the downloader loops - otherwise not. I have used the game for over a year with no issue before mid september 2021.
The download still crashes every appx. 2 GB so it is a handheld process.

Defrag drives and reset router is the best I can offer

1 Like