Gamepad Settings for Drone Camera

I know several people use a gamepad drone already so really all I’m asking is a good set up if anyone can suggest one.

Physically, I attached it to my Alpha yoke with very strong Velcro. It stays put when I move the yoke and the buttons are reachable with the thumbs. As for programming, you can set your assignments in Control Options. It’s connected to my USB Hub. Since there are so many assignments, it’s almost impossible to remember, so I did a Print Screen of the settings, I can refer to that when I’m flying.

0lder topic, but relevent to me because I just got an Xbox controller specifically for the drone camera.

Can you share your button bindings? I can figure out axis settings (sensitivity, dead-zone, etc.) but I’d love to see a list of what bindings work for other users. Thanks in advance.

BTW, I don’t see any default bindings in the controller options page. I have to manually set them all.

1 Like

I haven’t used the controller in a long time. I’ve been flying helicopters almost exclusively last couple of years. No need for Drone since I can use the chopper for relaxed viewing. At any rate, I plugged it in to check since you mentioned no default bindings. I get default and all the settings I set in the past. I did notice that there seems to be some conflicts. Some presses also cause screen/menu changes when you’re on the controls options page. This also occurs with the mouse.

I played around with it last night and found that the axis bindings I’d made only worked some of the time.
Maybe I need to return the cheap wireless controller I bought and buy a real wired version.

Yeah, I feel wired is usually more dependable. The only wireless I use is the mouse. Got rid of the wireless keyboard. Tried wireless headphones, went back to wired.

I tried a few but I always revert back to my Microsoft wireless keyboard and mouse. I suppose they know MSFS the best

The default bindings work great on my MS gamepad with easy control of all axis. I use it via wired usb connection to eliminate any latency.