Gamepad support

Thinking about getting the game, do you know if stadia controllers are supported? Or any mixed game pads for that matter. ( Non Xbox or PS)

If the gamepad is supported by Windows, it would work with MSFS. Although you may have to bind commands yourself if it’s not a recognized controller by MSFS.

1 Like

That’s correct, any HID can be mapped in MSFS - even many legacy flight controllers have to be mapped.

@Crunchmeister71 I lived in Elgin Ontario for some time, I see you live or lived in Kingston. good times to be sure.

1 Like

If you’re thinking on getting a gamepad for MSFS, I’d recommend to just get a joystick. Even a simple joystick like the entry level Logitech Extreme 3D Pro is better and cheaper than the most advanced gamepad for flying.

Unless if you’re planning to use the gamepad for every other game as well, then I guess it’s a fair reason to get it.

My guess is that he already has the Stadia controller and just wants to use it vs going out to get a controller for MSFS specifically.

Indeed I do, good sir. Been living here for close to 30 years now. I actually just low level buzzed over Elgin (in sim, of course) earlier this afternoon. lol

Indeed. I have a 20 year old Belkin Nostromo N50 controller, and it works perfectly with MSFS.