Gamepass premium deluxe upgrade and STEAM question

Hello, I had gamepass and brought the premium deluxe upgrade on the marketplace inside the simulator, If I buy the standard version of the simulator on STEAM will I still be able to use the premium deluxe upgrade I brought on the marketplace of the gamepass version?

Because I want to buy in on STEAM (the standard edition) and still use my premium deluxe upgrade I got on the marketplace of the gamepass version.

So the question is:

If I buy the STEAM standard version, will I be able to use the premium deluxe upgrade I brought when I had the gamepass subscription?

Thanks!

I’m about 99% certain that you can’t use that upgrade you bought in-game with the MS Store version if you buy the steam version.

Also know that you can’t use the upgrade in the MS store without buying the base game in the MS store if your game pass expires.

But obviously, check with support if you want to get a definitive answer.

-This is what they told me:

Thanks for contacting us regarding Microsoft Flight Simulator.

We can confirm that if you purchase DLC and add-ons for a game that later leaves the Game Pass PC catalog or if you cancel your subscription, your DLC and add-ons will not be removed.

To continue playing the DLC and add-ons, you’ll need to purchase a digital copy of the game from the Xbox app or the Microsoft Store, play from a disc, or obtain another form of entitlement to continue playing the game.

Best regards,
Microsoft Flight Simulator Support Team

-It’s not a definitive answer, so I asked them again today.

That sounds about right. I would think that anything you buy in the Marketplace is tied to your Microsoft/Xbox account. All versions of the sim use your Microsoft/Xbox account, so, whether you keep playing via Game Pass, buy the base game on the Microsoft Store, or buy the base game on Steam, you’ll have access to your content.

Any reason you want it from Steam? You get 20% of the basegame with a gamepass subscription atm.

The sim cost a ton of money where I live (Argentina) and with Steam I can charge the wallet little by little and then buy it.

Ah, I see… Did you receive a 100% yes if you buy from Steam and works with Microsoft store upgrade? It’s kinda tricky to buy from a seperate store else. (unless it’s a key)

Not yet, I’m still waiting for their reply to my new ticket.

Ok they answered my ticket:

DLCs and achievements are not cross-platforms. If you purchase a DLC on Steam it won’t transfer over to your Microsoft account. Likewise, if your unlock achievements on Xbox Live, they won’t unlock on Steam and vice-versa.

Best regards,
Microsoft Flight Simulator Support Team

That sucks…