Gamepass pricing clarification

So the standard version is $60, the deluxe is $100 and the premium deluxe is $120

In the marketplace, the deluxe upgrade is $80, premium deluxe is $84, and the premium is $90.

So if I upgrade to the premium deluxe, then stop paying for gamepass, I then have to buy the standard version for $60 to continue using my premium deluxe content.

That means that if I decide to cancel Gamepass, I will be paying a total of $144 for the premium deluxe edition. That’s an additional $24 over the price of just buying the premium deluxe outright.

Why is it priced like this? Is this a pricing error right now?

No Error. Its pricing policy . It was also announced in the FAQs after announcing release.

Q: Will I be able to upgrade editions?

A: Yes it is possible, but the most cost-efficient way to purchase Microsoft Flight Simulator is to buy the edition you are interested in.

So to clarify, purchasing the $84 premium deluxe edition inside FS2020 is not the full game, it is just the additional premium content for $24 more than you would pay for the game if you bought it outside gamepass?

I’m pretty sure I read that Gamepass users would actually get a discount on the full purchase of various versions of the game, not the other way around

Correct its only the upgrade not full game,
Discount for Gamepass user is 10 percent discount for games after 30 days on market. If its still on Gamepass, there should be 10 percent discount for gamepads users end of September.

1 Like

Ok good to know.

I was almost about to buy the $84 premium version because many other threads on this forum are saying it is the full game.

Even in the product description of the $84 version in the game makes it sound like it is the full game:

“The premium deluxe edition includes everything from Microsoft Flight Simulator plus 10 additional highly accurate planes”

Very misleading

all you are talking about are the upgrade prices…you always have to pay the gamepass or standard edition on top.
If you want the premium edition buy it for $119 as full version, its the cheapest way.
Maybe take a look at key seller sites…