Games Crashes on Intro Screen and prior to airport loading - Brand New Alienware R10

Hello! My first time posting… I need your help! I just bought a new Alienware R10, specs:
-Ryzen 3700x
-16 GB memory
-512 GB SSD & 1 TB HDD
-Radeon Rx 5700 XT
-Windows and all software/drivers have been updated.

First, full honesty… I thought I knew PCs, but I am pretty ignorant. What is happening:
The game will crash sometimes on the initial load screen, the main choice screen, or sometimes it’ll make it all the way to takeoff from the departure airport then crash. The error message I get is driver timeout error." I have successfully flown once, and it was for about 30 seconds and then it crashed.

I have tried running the game on the lowest settings, it still crashes. I have tried overclocking and limiting the GPU, no success. I tried rolling back the GPU driver, no luck. I initially bought the game through the Microsoft store, and have uninstalled/re-installed x3 times. No success. I have now repurchased it through steam to see if that makes a difference… the download is in progress, I’ll let everyone know how it goes.

I downloaded a different game to see if I had similar results (elite dangerous) and it runs perfectly fine, though the games are not comparable.

Please help! I’ll take all advice and give it a try. -Happy flying!

1 Like

This seems to be an error quite common to the Radeon Rx 5700XT.
There are lots of posts on internet about this, and possible solutions.
Do an internet search for “driver timeout”, that should get you started.

There is also a thread here on this issue:

1 Like