Gameservices not installing

Little update in Gameservices do download, but do not install.
Community folder is empty. What to do?

1 Like

Hi, i have the same problem
There is nothing to do at this time, the microsoft support should find a solution.
We have to wait.

I had that yesterday too and this is how I solved it:

1. Open registry editor.

2. Delete both entries:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\GamingServices]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\GamingServicesNet]

1. Reboot pc
2 Likes

Happened to me months ago and never got resolved despite many pleas to Microsoft so I got a refund and bought it via Steam instead

Microsoft Flight Simulator is currently not available in your account. Make sure you are signed in to the Store and try again. Hereā€™s the error code, in case you need it: 0x803F8001

comes up for me. Everything looks normal apart from that. I am really getting fed up by this ā€¦

this wont work

It worked for me ā€¦

This happened to me yesterday as well. I also used the same method as CptStevil, open RegEdit as administrator. This solved it.

Thanks a lot! That did it!!!

1 Like

Have fun again buddy :slight_smile:

I think you have to create an Administrator account and log into that account to be able to make changes to the Registry. Maybe :grinning:

Yeah this should be obvious :slightly_smiling_face:

And after all this, it still doesnā€™t work. The Gaming Services at the MS Store still wonā€™t download and reports error 0x80072D26. For me and several hundred other people reporting this error to MSā€¦ When this first started occuring in mid-September, 2020 the following advice was published:
Delete:
Keys:

[HKEY_USERS.DEFAULT\Software\Classes\Local Settings\MrtCache\C:%5CProgram Files%5CWindowsApps%5CMicrosoft.GamingServices_2.45.11001.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe%5Cresources.pri]

[HKEY_USERS.DEFAULT\Software\Classes\Local Settings\MrtCache\C:%5CProgram Files%5CWindowsApps%5CMicrosoft.Gamingservices_2.45.11001.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe%5Cresources.pri\1d6937194966bce]
then delete:
Services:

H_KEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM files you mentioned. Didnā€™t work for a lot of people back then, still doesnā€™t work in some cases nowā€¦

Yeah guys this is literally solved by just ensuring you have the latest optional updates installed on windows, same this time and same last time againā€¦

1 Like

OK, another straw to grasp atā€¦ LOLā€¦ Iā€™m off to see if any optional updates are uninstalledā€¦ Fingers crossed. Five minutes laterā€¦ No Joy. Still the same 0x80073D26 error, no sign of any Gaming Services entries in the Registry.

Just right click regedit, ā€œrun as administratorā€

1 Like

Iā€™ve been starting the editor from the search window. When you say regedit are you in a CMD prompt or something? Thanks for the replyā€¦

in the search bar type regedit , now ā€˜rightā€™ click on registry editor and select run as administrator.

Same problem. Gameservices downloads but does not install. Error Code is 0x8007139F. Had just finished downloading and installing AS 33 Me glider and had turned off Windows Defender. Tried starting FS2020, but immediately goes to the Store, followed by error during installation, then the error code!

In windows search bar type powershell
Right click on it and select run as administrator

Copy the command below, paste into powershell

get-appxpackage Microsoft.GamingServices | remove-AppxPackage -allusers

press enter

Stop-Service wuauserv

press enter

Remove-Item -Path ā€œHKLM:\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\GamingServicesā€ -Recurse

press enter

Remove-Item -Path ā€œHKLM:\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\GamingServicesNetā€ -Recurse

press enter

Start-Service wuauserv

press enter

Restart your computer.

Download Microsoft.GamingServices_2.53.17003.0_neutral___8wekyb3d8bbwe.AppxBundle

Right click on it and select install

Run powershell as administrator.

Add-AppxPackage -register ā€œC:\ProgramFiles\WindowsApps\Microsoft.GamingServices_2.53.17003.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\appxmanifest.xmlā€ -DisableDevelopmentMode

press enter and run msfs

5 Likes