Garmin 1000 AFCS Control Panel Back-lighting not working in Cirrus SR22

The Garmin 1000 Automatic Flight Control System (AFCS) panel in the Cirrus SR22 has no back-lighting when the rest of the instrument panels are illuminated at night.

This makes it almost impossible to do night IFR flights as it not easy to quickly find the AP, FD, HDG, NAV, etc buttons. The entire set of buttons on the AFCS panel are affected. Every other panel in the cockpit is lit OK. I’m sure this is a very simple fix. This issue existed both before and after the UK World Update.

I haven’t checked any other G1000 equipped aircraft so I don’t know whether the same problem exists in any of other ones.

I think the autopilot is completely broken in the SR22 now…For me, it is impossible to set a proper altitude, engage VS speed with a positive climb and stop the climb to the setted altiture. The SR22 keeps climbing above the selected altitude…

Hi Cotam7138. I don’t think it is completely broken. Sometimes the G1000 works for me as expected. Other times it just crashes the aircraft, even after I turn off the AP and attempt to recover. Seems like there is quite a way to go before we can completely rely on this capability.