Garmin 530 no glidescope of RNAV approaches

When using the Garmin 530 I get no glidescope, even though the approach is activated. I’ve tried multiple airports to always get the same result.

the sim should never have been released without this working on the most common gps unit in planes today. They are in no hurry to fix it either.

1 Like

Did you click the approach button before crossing the IAF?

yep! have you tried an RNAV to get a glide scope? Ive tried at multiple airports

rnav is from one point to another point not vertical guidance. Lpv and ILS are the only vertical in cockpit vertical approaches. You can use radar from tower but thats different. You can use the step down method but that’s not true vertical glide path. So when you say RNAV for glide scope I don’t understand where your going with the generic term of RNAV, I’m looking for gps vertical glide path (LPV), that is built into most gps units installed in aircraft. I have used LPV approaches in real airplanes many times.

GPS RNAV approaches do in fact have glide scopes. You can google Garmin 530 RNAV approach videos and they all show the glidscope drop down from the top after you cross the IAF. Great topic, why these aren’t precision approaches, but you can google plenty of forums about that. When playing FS2020, using a plane with the G1000, all the RNAV GPS approaches have glidescopes. These same approaches should have glidescopes using the Gamin 530 WAAS. I fly a mooney and use the mooney M20R in fs2020, sadly its only option is the 530, instead of the glass cockpit g1000.

I had always thought that RNAV was a generic term for Radio Navigation and was not considered a precision approach. That is why the minimums for RNAV are higher than ILS, which is a precision approach. I gotta educate myself better. I am such a newb.

so your saying the 530 vertical guidance
is working for you in msfs 2020

No, I can only get vertical guidance with a RNAV approach on the g1000. Using the Garmin 530, the approach does not activate, nor is there a button to activate the approach to switch from APR mode to RNAV/LNAV mode.

Here are videos to prove the error with garmin 530 in fs2020.

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=garmin+530+rnav+approach+video&docid=607986229460864870&mid=C805215014547564CED7C805215014547564CED7&view=detail&FORM=VIRE

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.