Garmin black-out mid-flight?

hey guys,

I’m new to this game and currently going through the flight school tutorials. while I was doing the ifr flight trainings w/ a c172, my garmin suddenly went black mid-flight. At first it works fine but once I went through maybe 1 or 2 check points, it just went black and everything else still works. I tried to update w/ the free garmin mod in market place but it doesn’t work. Any tip/solutions?
I’m on PC and w/ a steam version of msfs.

Thanks in advance =)

did you already tried without the mod ?

Moved to #self-service:aircraft-systems

hi there,

yes I tried both with or without mod. they both worked fine initially but blacked out once I complete one or two check points. since I was doing the flight training, I assume there isnt any “pre-flight” procedure that might cause the issue

hmmm… strange… have not such case in mind…

Is it only the garmins or in generally the electrics ?

only garmins and only in cockpit view. when I switched to external view, everything seems to work fine.

I tried quickly the first four “missions” from IFR training… no issue so far…

The only idea I have is still a mod… in special these “working title mod” is known to cause some times trouble. Also some times it seems a “de-install” was not sufficent and some folders must removed manually from disc ( these workingtitle* ).

May be I have time tomorrow to check the 3 missions left from that ifr training.

Hi,there is another thread on similar problems.I posted a feed-back there that may help “c172-systems-shut-down-after-5-10-mins-of-flight/529201/12”

hmmm, but that is the Beta …

( bit more readable and correct linked )
https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/c172-systems-shut-down-after-5-10-mins-of-flight/529201?u=michamma
( because of these keybinding issue you mentioned, I asked whether the whole airplane electrics is affected :slight_smile: )

@Ky1errrrr did you mean the Beta too ? And can you check whether this happens also outside of the flight-school tutorials ?

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/c172-systems-shut-down-after-5-10-mins-of-flight/529201/12?u=michamma

thanks a lot! after a day of research I found out thrustmaster quadrant caused the issue. thanks to @crazyhorsejesol . It seemed like the quadrant has a conflict w/ msfs. However I didn’t find a proper solution yet. I’ll dig more. again, thanks for the help

2 Likes