Garmin G1000 Nxi using mouse entering simple flightplan problem

I feel terribly stupid. I have a problem entering a simple flightplan in the GarminG1000Nxi. I have this problem for a very long time and, thinking is was my stupidity tried several youtube video’s. Now I found a seemingly very very thorough lesson from Alpha Hotel Flight Simulator Training: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pi1KP4NW534&t=843s
From 12m00 it is explained what to do, and I follow that exactly. I even use the same airport.

Using the direct key I can enter a direct to point. Both using the keyboard to enter text and using the FMS knob to enter txt.
OM 13:30 in de video the flp page is activated.

And then, in the video he activates the cursor bij pressing the small knop. The cursor the goes to the origin field and he can enter the desired text. If I try that a popup smiley like figure comes up, directly near the knob/mouse. It is a small white circle with a blue circumference and a white/nlue ellips inside. I cannot enter anything and there is no cursor on the FP page.

What do I do wrong? Why is there a popup indicating that I cannot enter text heren? Can my mouse be configured incorrectly. I am quite desparate now so thanks for reading and I hope someone can help me out.

BTW: I run windows 11, havbe a logitech mouse an d a Logitech keyboard. Nothing fancy

Gerard

Hi there,
Do you have a screenshot of this happening?

I cannot find a way to upload here.

Hi,

When you are composing a post, you can either use the upload button:

Toolbar

or drag a picture from Windows Explorer into the window where you are typing your message.

Thanks!
Hope this works.

The thingy occurs when I press the left mouse button, and is gone when I release the button

I set the mouse to standard. Thought is was standsrd all the time.
It seems like I need to right click instead of the usual leftclick.

I am confused, but now it seems to work.

Thanks!