Garmin GNS 530 external view autopilot bug

:wave: Thank you for using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

2 tags are required: One for platform, and one for aircraft.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

No

Have you disabled/removed all your mods and addons? If the issue still occurs with no mods and add-ons, please continue to report your issue. If not, please move this post to the Community Support section.

Yes

Which aircraft are you reporting an issue about? (Please also add the proper tag for it)

All aircraft using the Garmin GNS 530 (For example Antonov AN-225, and the DC-3 Retrofit

Brief description of the issue:

Whenever you turn on autopilot on this system and go to external view, the plane deviates from the flight plan and doesn’t follow turns, exactly like the 747/787 bug that was fixed in last update.

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

Turn on autopilot with a flight plan, go to external view, and use the map to see what route the plane follows

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

1.33.8.0 i think (or avionics update 1, i’m not sure)

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

no

Flew the Blackbird pc-6 and AH dc-3. Both planes no issues with KAP140 autopilot with GNS 530/430 and external camera.

I’ve done a full reinstall of the game, i still have zero mods. Still no luck unfortunately. I’ve made a quick video and uploaded it to Youtube showcasing the process of what happens. The only things that are installed right now are the world updates, city updates, purchased aircraft from the store, and the enhanced versions of the a310 and the dc-3.

Bug demonstration

1 Like

Thank you for posting this. I felt a bit sad when Asobo have closed the original bug reported in May 2023, as it still occurs in version 1.34.16.0. It seems they fixed the bug for G1000 planes only.

I have the same problem in the Antonov 225, B307 Stratoliner, DHC-4 with the autopilot mod. Going back to internal camera makes autopilot come alive again.

2 Likes

:wave: Thank you for using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

2 tags are required: One for platform, and one for aircraft.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

no

Have you disabled/removed all your mods and addons? If the issue still occurs with no mods and add-ons, please continue to report your issue. If not, please move this post to the Community Support section.

yes

Which aircraft version are you experiencing this issue on? (You can find this listed in the Content Manager under the Aircraft Name)

Mitsubishi MU-2

Brief description of the issue:

Every now and then (only with airplanes from iniBuilds) I have a bug with the AP in the external cameras. This bug was fixed in the last SU, but it now exists at least in the AN-225 and Mitsubishi.

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

no

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

Go into the outdoor camera/drone camera while in flight. The AP often misses out. When you go back to the cockpit the AP works as usual. This bug was fixed in the last SU. However, it now appears in AN-225 and Mitsubishi.

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

not relevant

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

no Beta

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

yes

no

Just to confirm…are you only seeing this in those two planes? :cowboy_hat_face:

1 Like

Yes Captain :smiling_face_with_tear:

1 Like

In addition, the AP works accurately again if you zoom in on the aircraft using the external camera or fly very close to the aircraft with the drone camera.

1 Like

But it doesn’t always happen. But very often.
I don’t understand it myself. :pizza: :pineapple:

1 Like

My guess is that there is a certain radius around the aircraft in which the AP works accurately. Then you might be right at the limit. And because the camera is not completely static and you accelerate, for example, the plane is temporarily further away, etc. We had exactly the same thing before the last SU, which has been fixed. At that time I had noticed the same thing with many aircraft, but not with all of them. Even with the camera zoom. However, that was definitely not the case with the AN-225 back then!

Ok, I think it’s fixed. But there is a new issue with the GNS 430/530 from WT.
Whenever you fly on a long flight plan for several hours, the GPS signal fails after a few hours. Then you always have to switch the battery off and on again to restore the function. However, the planes still fly according to the flight plan as normal.

You cannot reproduce the issue anymore ?, There was no point regarding a fix in the december SU14 release notes (knowing that some fixes are not always listed there)

There is a recent bug report for that issue:

no

DC-3 retrofit with GNS530, autopilot is following the flight plan in external view

I know.
You’re late, buddy.

Not sure I understand your answer. Do you confirm you are not experiencing the issue anymore ?

correct.
DementedCorn327

1 Like

ToXiicSteaZy: are you still experiencing the issue ?