Garmin GNS430W and GNS530W Issues and Support

I understand they may be using some parts of the avionics framework, but we do not provide support for product that are not ours, as we have no control over what other modifications may have been made or what fixes we may have made internally that are not in third party code.

Unfortunately I’m going to need some screenshots of what the issue is, as I’m having trouble understanding what the issue being described is.

Matt,

this looks like as WT core problem, not GTN750 what I said already. I’ve discovered this bug with GTN750 for first time, nothing more and then did mentioned 3 flights what shows that results, I don’t ask for this GTN750 support. Stock GNS working without problems but only WT system does this bug. GTN750 use WT technology in this case but as I described in that my posts, your new GNS530 do also this bug. You probably missundersatood my intention.

Matt,

here is situation from LZIB picture n.1, aircraft stands on apron. Filled FPL, set SID rwy04 and system draw this not correct path, aligned with my aircraft heading. I expect correct path as is on picture n.2 (my draw). Can you pls maybe put some light to this or reproduce also? Really very nice this new GNS device, like it very much.

n.1 wrong definition SID rwy04

n.2 correct what I expect, not depended to my aircraft heading and position

Hope now is clear. Again pls for sure, this isn’t bug related to my reported GTN750 here, this is that secondary.

Update:
n.3 correct set SID with stock GNS, no problem here

I have tried this Addon but by now I have uninstalled it for the time being.

Most GNS530/430 aircraft I fly have issues with diplaying the screen size or the VS of the Autopilot not working correctly.

It’s a great upgrade to the GNS430/530 but until the developers of the aircraft I use all have updated their poducts, it’s too mch of a hassle for me.

Unfotunately some of the aircraft having issues are from developes with notoriously slow update circles, so I guess it will be some months :upside_down_face:

@ darshonaut

:wink:

I want only put some great effort for Community to have best feelings from sim, as real as it can have :slight_smile: In this case it isn’t nothing heavy to my time I spend, in this time as I can’t fly IRL is sim just one thing what I can’t live without :slight_smile: hope my wife isn’t around here now…

I am really sorry but I constantly fail to understand your postings.

:wink: no problem, my habits are not that best heh

It seems like the instrument panel self test does not work. VLOC is selected but no deflections on the CDI. Also the RAIM predicton cannot be selected. The IFR setup / briefing is therefore missing 2 major items. Are these features not yet implemented?

Instrument self-test is not yet implemented, as it requires some extra data exports from the unit that we are trying to get sorted with third party developers. The sim doesn’t have any built-in standard way to say “hey, I’m in a self-test” nor can we arbitrarily drive the external CDI indicators (they have to read standard in-sim values). Therefore we’re looking at the best way of implementing this still that makes the least work for aircraft devs, because they’ll need to do extra work to make the needles and indicators move during self-test.

RAIM prediction is an enormously complex calculation involving using orbital mechanics to predict the future location GPS satellites and then running a number of integrations over those predicted locations to come up with a likely signal score, then comparing that with the RAIM requirements. As of right now our system is not set up for arbitrary future GPS position predictions and the RAIM calculation itself once you have those is a bit of an industry black art that is not really documented. We do plan to have it some time in the future, but we can’t say when right now.

2 Likes

Thank you very much for your feedback. As of the self test I am looking forward to seeing it.

The RAIM for other than real time flights could just be considered as no outages only waiting 2 seconds for a postive outcome. This way it would be usable right away just for working through the checklists.

For real time flights maybe a tool like this could be used? Yet I do not know if there is an API…
GNSS Performances Prediction Tool (eurocontrol.int)

The very nice GNS530 new evolution (40 anniv) work very well in C172 or Beaver, but with Bonanza G36 or C414 Chancellor, the autopilot is seriously disturbing with ALT and NAV fonction.
Some other confirm ?

1 Like

Post above was transferred into this thread.

Please read back a few posts - 3rd party makers of planes need to integrate the new 430/530 into their products. Thanks.

Thanks Casualclick

I am the author of the KAP140 mod available on github. Testing with the new GNS430W mod from WT in the marketplace I see at least one malfunction of the AP display not seen with the older PMS50 mod for this GPS.

When in VS mode, pressing the ALT button should cause the AP to capture the current altitude and display the captured altitude on the right hand half of the display. With GNS430W the altitude is captured but not displayed. When the altitude knob is later turned, it starts at 0.

I will work on a patch and publish a link to update. Reply with any other KAP140 issues you see when testing this new GNS release.

Edit: I have decided this new behavior is different from past but not in conflict with the KAP140 Pilot Guide.

1 Like

Wanted to try the WT GNS430 in the PMDG DC-6 but the result looks a bit tragic

For some reason a number of third parties are not using the standard GNS screen pixel dimensions. The new GNS due to the visual accuracy requires usage of the standard GNS pixel dimensions.

2 Likes

Is there a way to adjust that?

yes, there is:

go to “Community\pmdg-aircraft-dc6\SimObjects\Airplanes\PMDG DC-6A\panel” and “Community\pmdg-aircraft-dc6\SimObjects\Airplanes\PMDG DC-6B\panel”

edit the [VCockpit08] section of the panel.cfg file in both directories like this:

[VCockpit08]
size_mm=350,190
pixel_size=350,190
texture=AS430_Screen
background_color=0,0,0

htmlgauge00=NavSystems/GPS/AS430/AS430.html, 0,0,350,190

and you’re done!!

2 Likes

Thank you very much. I still cant fly since the gyropilot is now bugged and the pitch wheel doesnt work anymore but once all that has been fixed im looking forward to flying the better GNS430.

1 Like