Garmin GTN 750

GTN 650 or 750 please.

2 Likes

With only 39 votes this isnt going to get far and I think I know why. As a general piece of avionics, as far as I know, only Flight 1 and Reality XP released it to other sims. God, they put some work into this too. Therefore, only a fairly small percentage of FS users ever owned it (it wasn’t cheap) and have seen the miracles it does on not just a daily, or even hourly basis. The 750 is the beating heart of any aircraft you couple it to. What is really needed in my book anyway, is for Garmin to seize the opportunity and take a lead here. It would make a partnership something useful to them and not just leave the user base with that “Asobo” feel to one of their finest products.

Going to lie down for a while…

4 Likes

I couldn’t agree more my friend.

Any updates here? Any rumors? The GNS units are honestly so old they’re just pointless. We really need the GTNs!

2 Likes

Thank you for keeping this post alive! I agree, we really need this as atleast an option to purchase.

1 Like

Imagine using your motion controller in VR to press the touch screen .

1 Like

Loved it in P3D. I slapped that bad boy into any plane that would have it. Miss it very much.

3 Likes

Check this out my fellow GTN 750 lovers!!!

1 Like

I’ve just posted this about GTN and TCAS you might find helpful:

1 Like

Honestly, I have no idea the point you are attempting to make. I really appreciate the GTN 750 and ALL of it’s features. As do thousands of other flight sim enthusiasts. Not just for traffic.

I myself and hundreds of others would like some sort of TCAS.
And as far as looking good in YT videos… I wouldn’t know, never done it, and no desire to.

3 Likes

@RogerWilco7273 I’m just agreeing with you!

It happens I just wrote about the GTN 750 TCAS implementation in the topic which is requesting Microsoft/Asobo to add TCAS feature in the default aircraft, and I’m explaining how an authentic TCAS is much more complex than just displaying aircraft icons in a map page. Since this topic is about the GTN 750, I just linked to this information which might be of interest to those wondering about GTN 750 TCAS feature, and wanting to know how authentic it is. I’m not quoting you because I’m arguing with you, I’m quoting you to make a reference to the subject matter only.

2 Likes

RealityXP for X-plane uses the Garmin Win10 650/750 simulator. It would be great to have the same integration in FS, including in-panel and pop-out.

4 Likes

Who is working on it and when will it be available?

1 Like

It looks like late April Beta will be released.

I don’t believe I have a solve for your question, but related to it, here are 2 topics about this you might want to check out to see if you agree with:

Open up communications with Reality-XP - #201 by CptLucky8

Why after 9 Months, does this suddenly get BUMPED, and re-opened.

Its all so Ancient History now, and so much has changed in those last 9 months, it is all really quite irrelevant, apart from showing Historically how the GTN750 implementation in MSFS developed prior to 9 moths ago …

FYI, or the past 9 months.

1. PMS50 developed a javascript , freeware/payware version of the GTN750.

2. RXP were unable (Chose not to) to develop and implement a Garmin Trainer based version of the GTN750 into MSFS

3. It would seem that all Communication between RXP and Microsodt.Asobo/WT totally broke down. (MSFS’s loss, XP’s Gain )

4. TDS Sim Software stepped in with their Garmin Trainer offering of a GTN750 for MSFS, which is now “mostly” implemented and available as a payware addon.

Plus many other new and exciting development in MSFS over the past 9 months !!!