Garmin instruments disappear or appear as blank

Hello, I use the Game pass version of MSFS and I noticed that my landing instruments such as GPS or the main screen with horizon indicator and speed suddenly switches off during bush trips or landing challenges or even basic flights just before or after taking off and there is no way to bring it back up, it happens when I use the Cessna or any other propeller plane. Is it done on purpose?
Another question: can you use AP APP during landing challenges?

Thank you !

Sounds like you don’t have the alternator(s) turned on which empties your battery and at some point the electric bus shuts down.

Please don’t report multiple issues into one thread.

That’s what I thought, but i did not find how to turn the alternator on, do you know where it is?

Well you don’t even state which aircraft exactly you’re using, that makes hard to help you.
In general: Just go through the checklists ingame. For most aircraft at least the preflight ones contain the most important stuff and they literally point you to the switch.

It’s one of the Diamond DA(s) that goes with the France bush trip. Not sure if the checklist button is activated on those trips. Thanks.

I had that problem with a flight from KSNA to KSAN which is 100nm. It was the da40. There is no alternator from what I see. However, if you are using hardware like honeycomb alpha or Saitek switch box and leave it on start, not move it back that can happen. From past experience, I thought that was fixed but happened the other day. So I did the flight correctly with the switch set correctly. Not if you are using the cockpit on the screen then I don’t know

1 Like

I am using the airbus throttle quadrant from thrustmaster.

1 Like

Hi, I am reactivating this topic, since I still have the same issue. At the moment, the workaround is to change planes.
I am in the bush trip in Australia from Camberra.
Here is the screenshot: