Garmin Pilot integration

One thing I LOVE about x-plane is the ability to fly, and be able to see my live location on my Garmin Pilot app. I like it because not only can I see my location but I can pull up airport diagrams and APP/DEP procedures, and see where I am on the procedure map.

this may need to be a partnership or it may be easier than that if a network API is developed.

A lot of simmers are using their own tablet app connected to MSFS.
There’s a bunch of tools already available that act as gateways with the generic Xplane “standard” protocol to broadcast GPS position.

I personnaly choose XmapSY (because of extra features when connected to Skydemon) : https://xmapsy.com/

You may also have a look at : Flight Events, FlightSimGPS, FSXSkydemon, SimAV8

I see there are various instructions for connecting it to FSX. Seeing that is largely the same as MSFS in that respect, have yo tried it?

I use Xmapsy myself to talk to AvPlan.

Oh cool! I’ll look into that tomorrow.

I’ve been using for two weeks MSFS Bridge from SimMarket. I received yesterday a free update that connects to Garmin Pilot and Fltplan Go. Even they are not my favorite tools (I am using SkyDemon for real flights), I gave it a try and it’s working out of the box. Given that it’s 3 times cheaper than xmapsy…

How do I connect MSFS to Garmin Pilot???

Hi all. I haven’t flown FS2020 yet as I’m eagerly awaiting the VR launch in December and can hardly wait. As a real life pilot, I enjoyed using my Garmin Pilot subscription in XP. Will this be (or is this currently) available in FS2020?
Thanks

Unfortunately, it’s not implemented in the sim and I honestly don’t think it’ll become a thing for quite a while, given the plethora of issues the devs have to catch up on right now. It’d sure be nice to get some sort of Garmin Pilot or Foreflight connectivity in the future though. I’m a heavy user of Garmin Pilot myself as I fly a variety of planes equipped with GTN navigators.

2 Likes

The Garmins work, but they’re very bare bones implementations of the real thing. There are mods that add some of the badly needed extra functionality, but they’re still a far cry from what you can do with the real thing.

And as Minivation said, you can’t use your Garmin Pilot sub with MSFS. I did read that you can get ForeFlight to work with MSFS though. Although I don’t know the specifics. I’m not a pilot and I don’t own an iPad, so I can’t test it out.

1 Like

Foreflight works, as does sky demon for VFR. You need either XMAPSPY or FSUIPC I think (I have both). Check if they have native Simconnect first. I dont know about Garmin.

Here is the link on how to get Foreflight to work

2 Likes

Thanks for the replies guys. I was hoping for Garmin Pilot but will have to give FF a try maybe.

Garmin pilot works very well!
Should work with any tool that broadcasts the data (so if it works with FF it will work with Pilot)

I use FlightEvents

2 Likes

Thanks for the responses but now I’m confused. I’m getting mixed responses here.

It does indeed work. You need to use a 3rd party tool to broadcast the data from the sim to your local network but I have used both ForeFlight and Garmin Pilot with MSFS 2020.

1 Like

Ok great, many thanks.

All good and well if 3rd party software enables Garmin Pilot to work but I would like this to come from MSFS. Even if its a paid feature.
This goes without saying that we NEED cockpit sharing like old FSX and we need ATC features to enable community groups to be possible. I remember flying FSX just before the MSFS release and we were having good fun on the old Sim.

MSFS if you can see this please consider.

Garmin Pilot and ForeFlight connections.

ATC and publish community groups (discord madness)

Shared Cockpit.

1 Like