Gatwick Airport EGKK

I have installed Gatwick EGKK Ultra V8 which is a very good representation of the Airport.

However I have noticed some anomalies with in MSFS and other third Party Add ons

If I park at Gate 105 at Gatwick then Navigraph charts agree that I am at Gate 105, but, MSFS and Little NAVMAP tell me I am at Gate 88

I appreciate that ASOBA are only responsible for the MSFS part of this query, but, surely it would be possible to have the correct Gate Numbers. I have also noticed this at other UK Airports

Hello and welcome to the forum. I moved your post from Bugs and issues because that section is dedicated to bugs and issues for the core sim and not for mods or 3rd party content.

Hi @Beechc23, unfortunately, this actually IS a core sim bug, and not just at EGKK. As Tezbedz says, it’s also true for other airports (not only in the UK) that the gates, and sometimes even the taxiways, in the sim don’t match those in real life.

To take the example of EGKK, consider these three charts:

Real life NATS AIP:

Navigraph Charts:

LittleNavMap (using MSFS database)

MSFS World Map:

NATS and Navigraph line up perfectly. From the screenshots I’ve seen of the addon Tezbedz mentioned, the add-on scenery is also true to real life, but vanilla MSFS (and as a result, LNM) is different.

1 Like

Thank you for the clarification. I stand corrected.

BVT Eagleeye. Thank you for your more comprehensive argument

1 Like