German bush flight: flight doesn't come to an end at Tegel EDDT

One of the legs in the German bush activity is a flight from Schwerin to Tegel airport EDDT at Berlin. This airport is in real life closed, because traffic has moved to the new airport EDDB. When I land at EDDT the leg doesn’t come to an end. I have parked nearly everywhere, landed in both directions on both runways, nothing helps. What I have to do to end this leg succesfully?

Wait for SU7 and hope they fix it. Go here and vote:

It might be that you already answered your own question?
Tegel was closed forever as of last may… so…

I have restarted the flights but the result was the same. The flight didn’t finish at Tegel for the second time. I took off again and headed to EDDB, but also there no success. So the German bush trips ends at Tegel it seems.

2 Likes

MS Store Premium Edition 1.21.13
Not using Developer
Finish at Tegel expecting to have leg end, left sitting on which ever runway I ‘ended’ at.
I’m not sure how many times I’ve rerun the same leg, landed at 26R, 26L, others. I just doesn’t finish
I’ve continued from that point, the Nav log is empty. So cleared the Germany Save folder. Ran leg 1 so Leg 3 reinitializes, I have the Nav log with flight path. Powered off engines. It just will not finish.

First saw this in the initial release of World Update 7 with the Germany update, one of the fixes I noticed in 1.21 indicated fixing the Germany Journey Bush flight. Wondering if it was this particular leg, but must be something other

same here :frowning:

1 Like

As far as I remember the heading for Tegel in the nav log was wrong. I mean technically it’s correct relative to your position at the POI before Tegel, was 260 or something like that, so you think 26L or 26R would be the landing runway but unless you land to runway 08L the leg won’t be completed.

I missed Tegel, the best airport Berlin had.

Same here as well. A bushtrip that can’t be completed. :anguished:

Hi Juluci. I’ve tried to finish leg 3 of this Germany bush trip twice but I don’t think I used Rwy 08L. Before I takeoff again to try and complete this leg are you sure a 08L landing and shutdown will work ? I notice identifier EDDT is not even shown on the map. Thanks, Craig

+1 for this bug. Airport just doesn’t exist in the databases anymore so the bush trip doesn’t recognize that you’ve landed there. Has this really been a problem for 2 years??

Download and install EDDT
Reactivation - EDDT Berlin Tegel - KPFN Panama City for Microsoft Flight Simulator | MSFS

2 Likes

Workaround
@WCT52SQN27 @monkeytennis245 @Craiger5 @Glodah

1 Download and install EDDT
Reactivation - EDDT Berlin Tegel - KPFN Panama City for Microsoft Flight Simulator | MSFS

2 Launch MSFS
3 Restart leg 3
4 Fly

5 Land runway 28L - stop on a runway after landing.

Bush Trip - Germany Journey Leg 3 EDDP-EDDT
Real weather

3 Likes

Hey,

It’s been a while that I passed that leg but it was 08L. As far as I remember, after last POI before EDDT, entered right traffic for 08R, but then landed on 08L. It was my 3rd or 4th try, also EDDT marker was there last time I did a bush trip.

I just found this video on Youtube: /watch?v=hTUDIg5ctPo
This guy lands on 08L (does left traffic) and the leg ends.

It works, thank you very much! I am very surprised that the developer keeps this bug alive for such a long time. They need to either revive the EDDT airport or modify the bush trip.

PS: As a Xbox user, I had to download the game on PC, installed the mod, completed this leg and went back to Xbox. Glad that the PC and Xbox versions share the same save file.

2 Likes

You’re very welcome.
Fly safe capt.

I just arrived at EDDT as well. Since it doesn‘t show up as an airport anymore, it kind of just dropped out of the navigation and landing there is not detected as completion of the bush trip leg. That shouldn‘t be a hard one to fix, but perhaps not a high priority issue overall. However it is a pity, since the trip has been quite pretty up to that point.

Oh, and I am an XBOX user, so the PC workaround does not work for me.

1 Like

With the EDDT reactivation, I was able to complete the bush trip leg. Thanks a lot!

You’re very welcome.
Fly safe capt.

I am also on XBox and currently cannot activate Tegel Airport, since the mod is not available. Is there any way to get this bug fixed for XBox users?

It bugs me that the first Bush Trip I try is broken on the second leg.