Get spawned at wrong runway

:wave: Thank you for using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

No

Have you disabled/removed all your mods and addons? If the issue still occurs with no mods and add-ons, please continue to report your issue. If not, please move this post to the Community Support section.

Yes

Brief description of the issue:

ATC Enforce flightplan is off. When I want to spawn on a runway MSFS with live weahter MSFS let me always spawn at runway 18r. WhenI have clear skies and with wind from 270 and on EHAM I select runway 04 I spawn at 27.
When I change the wind to the north and select runway 04 I still spawn at 27. When the Wind is still 359 and select runway 24 I spawn at rnw 27. When I spawn at selected gate everything seems to be fine.

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Provide coordinates (DevMode > Options > Display position)

Provide time & date of the observed Weather issue

16-01 10:26pm

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

ATC Enforce flightplan is off. When I want to spawn on a runway MSFS with live weahter MSFS let me always spawn at runway 18r. WhenI have clear skies and with wind from 270 and on EHAM I select runway 04 I spawn at 27.
If I change my wind to for example to the south and select runway 04 I still get spawned at runway 27

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

It started today. Didn’t noticed it before.

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

ATC enforce flightplan must be → ON, so ATC can ignore weather and follow your flightplan and desired RW heading!

3 Likes

Really? Will try it tomorrow keep you posted.

1 Like

BitOfaB4d4zz is correct.
If you have it off, ATC will select the runway based on weather and performance.
On means it will select what you have chosen in the planner.

3 Likes

Continuing the discussion from Sim Update 15 Beta Release Notes 1.37.9.0 - March 22nd, 2024:

Hello,
i know i am again in the wrong Topic as always, but why is there no fix for the wrong Runway after start ?

To explain:
After starting the Sim, right now i do a lot of testflights, i start on the Runway.
As Example iin Leipzig we have 08L/26R and 08R/26L.
If i dont change the preselected runway or select another Runway it makes no difference. It is always a big surprise at which of the runways i end up.
Sometimes, if 08L is selected i land on 26R. if i select 26R on my own i land sometimes on another one.
I tried also in EDDF, where i have no scenery installed and there it is the same
always a big surprice on which runway i end up.

I hope this is fixed in the upcomming release !

Matthias

How have you configured your “ATC Enforce Flight Plan” - Is is set to “Disabled” (OFF)?

ALL Assistance is completely off and was never on, dont need that

For me, it’s just a matter of making sure your departure runway/gate/parking spot is the LAST thing you select before launching your flight. If you select your runway, and then go into the weight and balance screen, or change your livery, or mess with the weather/traffic - and then neglect to choose your spawn point again, it’ll default to some random runway. Just make sure you’re selecting it last and you ought to be good.

I just start the Sim, select world map, select Runway and then start.
Thats it, nothing else.
Weight and Balance is done by a external Program
i have a Homecockpit running Prosim737. But this can not have anything to do with that, because Prosim is started after i am on the Runway.

btw
it happens last time, that i select runway 26L with a wind 083 @16 and end up on Rwy 08R
 so a lot of Tailwind.

Here a screen from my assistant settings 

Moderator Edit:
‘Air traffic control follows flight plan’ must be ‘ON’, otherwise (at: OFF) the runway will be selected according to the wind direction! With ‘ON’, the weather is ignored and the ATC follows the flight plan and maintains the desired runway!

‘Flugsicherung folgt Flugplan’ muss ‘AN’ sein, da ansonsten (bei: AUS) die Startbahn entsprechend der Windrichtung gewĂ€hlt wird! Bei ‘AN’ wird das Wetter ignoriert und die ATC folgt dem Flugplan und behĂ€lt die gewĂŒnschte Startbahn bei!

werd ich al probieren, macht aber eigentlich gar keinen Sinn.
Wenn ich die Runway auswÀhle, warum sollte meine Auswahl durch irgendetwas wieder geÀndert werden ??
Entsprechend der Windrichtung stimmt auch nicht. Warum wird dann meine Auswahl ignoriert und eine Startbahn mit RĂŒckenwind gewĂ€hlt ??

I will try, but akes no sense.
Why should my own selection be changed by anything in the Game ??
The Runwayselection by the Game according to the Wind direction is also wrong then. Why is a Runway selected with Tailwind ??

Btw: It was never happen befor the last 2 updates !

If it gave you runway 08R you will depart in the direction of 080 and with a wind 083@16 you have it almost head on. Not sure how you think you’ll have tail wind actually. Or I don’t understand you.

1 Like

Wind 083@16 means the Wind is from 083 degrees
i mixed it up by writing, sorry.

But right nw i did a flight EDDP-EPKT.
EDDP Metar was
EDDP 261350Z AUTO 09012KT 070V130 CAVOK 14/03 Q0995 NOSIG
I start the Sim, keep the selected Runway 08L but end up on Rwy 26L.
I did not select a Runway or change it and i turned on the ‘Air traffic control follows flight plan’.

Whats going on ???

That does sound like the wrong runway even if the wind is variable from 070-130.
But I’ve seen a LOT of runways with the wrong numbers at the wrong sides. Although it looks ok if I look at Little Navmap for EDDP.

But I’ve often seen the wrong numbers on the signs near the runway which can be quite confusing. Normally I don’t notice MSFS let me taxi to the wrong runway. Can happen with very little wind tough.

Ahm sorry, who speaks from Taxi and Taxi signs ? I think i can read the ND and the CRS when i end up on the wrong RWY

Nice reaction. I would also assume you would know a wind @083 wouldn’t be a tailwind at runway 08 but that didn’t work for you as well.

Go figure it out yourself.

2 Likes

Wind 080@xx means the wind COMES from 83 degrees and that is Tailwind for RWY 08L/R

Wrong. Think about the direction you fly to land on runway 08. Approximately 080 degrees and that is roughly where the wind is coming from so it’s a headwind.

You’re flying TO, it’s blowing FROM.

2 Likes

Yeah that’s what I mean. You don’t get it. Here an example for a runway 7 with the wind from 73 for example.

So that’s why I think you’re totally mixing things up.

[edit]
That’s btw also why I started about taxi signs etc. since I’ve seen a lot of wrong signs and even runway numbers with addons so you’re not the only one mixing things up.

3 Likes

That is correct, and a good explanation!

2 Likes