Getting started Liveries Painting?

How do i get started painting a livery I am wanting to do a paint job for our club.

Is their a default template for the likes of the xcub or the monster truck?

Hi Novatroop77
I am in the same “boat” as you are. I’m the lead pilot for our Aerial Display Team and we would love to use the new Airmicci MB339 (3rd party) as our plane. We want to add our livery colour to include at least Six aircraft. So far, we can paint the aircraft, but are having trouble making the new livery show up painted. Yes, we have added the entry to the aircraft.cfg file. I suspect there is much more to it than we know. If there is anyone that can point us in the right direction, we would love to hear from you.

1 Like

Hey Novatroop77…

Ttry this link. It tells you how to do what you want to do. I am going to give this a try once I get the documentation printed out.

where’s the link

HI Novatroop
I have had sussess in repainting an aircraft. my tools are as follows:
Photofiltre - my texture editor/

DXTBMP - used to convert the .DDS files from the Textures folder to bmp format then send it on to the editor. used again to convert the edited bmp back to DDS for installation back into the aircrafts texture folder.

DXTBMP will open most of the DDS files so that you can find the texture files containing the fuselage, wings etc.

1 Like