Getting the Headwind A330 Ready for a Cargo Flight, GSX Pro, Air Hauler

6 Likes

How did you get the A330 to work with GSX? I’ve been looking everywhere to try and get it to work D:

Did a Couple of edits to some of the Config files, added Parking Brake Entries and on the last config file just copied over the Section parking_brake = 1 ; BrakeTypes enum what was in the default Asobo Systems Config file to the Headwind System config Files

[BRAKES]
I changed parking_brake=0 to parking_brake = 1 ; BrakeTypes enum

You have to add Parking Brake entries to the other Config Files that are missing the entries as well just go through each one on both the Asobo A320 (For Reference) and the Headwind where you will make the new entries.

Just make sure you back the files up before making any changes.

Gotcha I will give this a shot right now!

Is it just the first line “parking_brake = 1 ; BrakeTypes enum” I am adding to the Config files or is it the whole [BRAKES] section?

Just the first Line, Keep in mind go through all the Config files and make sure the PB entries are there and once done just configure the Aircraft to line up the Doors and Fuel Targets using the GSX Editor.

Yes no need to touch Cameras, Gameplay, Target Performance, Ai, or Aircraft. they don’t need to be edited.

Use the find Feature in the Notepad search for Brake in the Asobo Airbus Files and copy anything relating to Parking Brake Only to the Appropriate files in the Headwind Folder.

Could you be more specific on ‘some’ of the config files ? Aircraft config ? Texture config ? I’m pretty new to flight sim and I’m trying to figure out what you’re referring to.

Ok so What I’ve done was add some Entries to the following Files, Approach.FLT , Apron.FLT, Climb.FLT,Cruise FLT, Final.FLT, Flight_model.cfg, Hangar.FLT, Runway.FLT, Systems.cfg,taxi.FLT

I Simply Compared Asobo’s A320 Neo to Headwinds A330 Files and entered anything related to Parking brake from Asobo into the Headwind Files. I did this using the Edit, find notepad Feature and Typed in Brake to find anything related to Parking Brake Only, within the Asobo A320 Neo to find the Parking Brake entries.

For Example: as far as the entries go in the Asobo Neo you’ll see something like this

[Controls.0]
SpoilersHandle=000.00
SpoilersArmed=False
FlapsHandle=000.00
LeftFlap=000.00
RightFlap=000.00
GearsHandle=000.01
Gear1=100.00
Gear2=100.00
Gear3=100.00
YokeY=050.00
YokeX=050.00
Rudder=050.00
LeftBrake=100.00
RightBrake=100.00
ParkingBrake=100.00 <---------where this line is visible

But in Headwinds A330 Hangar.FLT you won’t see ParkingBrake=100.00 I just simply added the Line to those files that were missing it above.

Also in Systems.cfg Under [BRAKES] I Changed the the line from Parking_brake=0 to
parking_brake = 1 ; BrakeTypes enum

Just Remember to Backup the Original files before making the Entries.

Ah, thank you very much. I would have never gotten that from your original post!

Wouldn’t you only need to technically add the ‘parkingbrake=100’ to the file that’s related to when the aircraft is at rest ? I’m guessing all that would be needed if it were possible would be ‘hangar.FTL,’ and changing the systems.cfg to 1.

1 Like

You can try that, it did cross my mind while I was editing the files, Report back if that works it would definitely eliminate those extra edits.

Do you have trouble having your GSX aircraft editor changes saving ?

Yes definitely, on Some planes snd Airport Configs they seem to reset themselves.

Hi GarciaMK and all,

I’ve been fighting with this all day and have tried following the method described here, but it’s still not working :frowning: Just to confirm I understood all correctly, I have gone into the following folder:
/LocalCache/Packages/Community/headwind-aircraft-a330-900/SimObjects/Airplanes/Headwind_A330neo
… and there, I have added this line: “ParkingBrake=100.00” (without apostraphes) to the following files located in that exact folder:
systems.cfg
approach.FLT
apron.FLT
Climb.FLT
cruise.FLT
final.FLT
hangar.FLT
runway.FLT
taxi.FLT

Have I misunderstood, or have I made a syntax error with that line?
Do we have an idea which file GSX Pro “looks at” to determine parking brake status/presence? I have certain doubts that the .FLT files are being used, as I believe (although I may be wrong) that these are only used when using the “travel to” function in MSFS, to jump ahead in the flight? However, since adding the line to systems.cfg did not help either, and I see no other entry related to parking brakes in other “official package” Asobo planes, I am at the end of my latin :frowning:

To confirm, the “parking brake bug” is not present in the unchanged CaptainSim B773, Asobo A320neo, FlyByWire A320neo, Fenix A320 or (yes, I bought it … laugh at me if you want) LatinVFR A321neo. Only finding it in the Headwinds A330-900.

If anyone has had success, or could share more thoughts, I would be very grateful!

Best,
Tibbo

There is a freighter version of this aircraft?

Well, you don’t want to add ‘Parkingbrake=100’ to everything. You want to reference to the Asobo/MSFS version of the airbus 320 and see what parking brake is set at. It will either be ‘Parkingbrake=100.00’ which is “ON” or “Parkingbrake=0.00,” which is OFF. You also need to change ‘parking_brake = 0’ to ‘parking_brake = 1 ; BrakeTypes enum.’

I’m thinking that the files which parking brake is set to 100 are the only files you need to modify. I haven’t had the time to experiment.

I could solve this issue myself. I misread the instructions above and put “ParkingBrake=100.00” in the wrong section. This lead to there being no improvement of the GSX functionality.

To summarize and paraphrase GarciaMK’s instructions:

In file systems.cfg put “parking_brake = 1 ; BrakeTypes enum” in the [BRAKES] section, or change it from “parking_brake = 0”

Meanwhile in all *.FLT files add “ParkingBrake=100.00” under the section [Controls.0] (Not the [Brakes] section as I erronesouly did first). It might not be necessary to change all FLT-files, but it worked for me like that.

Maybe this helps others making it work.

2 Likes

Ok guy’s, I Have Uploaded a Revised version of the A330 by Headwind, I have already gone ahead and got permissions from FBW to update the FBW System as well in this Aircraft, this is Headwinds Aircraft with Updated FBW System and my original fix.

The fix for the Parking Brakes has been added from my original post found here Getting the Headwind A330 Ready for a Cargo Flight, GSX Pro, Air Hauler - #17 by TibboDent

I see someone else had made a fix using My instructions posted in that forum, that can be downloaded at Flightsim.to as well but only contains the files if you wish to download that.

Please Read the Known Issues Listed in the Description, Im not a Pro this fix is based on Trial and Error and I’m still working on finding a solution for the known Issues.

ENJOY Here’s the link to my Upload Revised Headwind A330 Updated FBW System and GSX Parking Brake Fix » Microsoft Flight Simulator