Give me some interesting Canadian routes

Fairly straightforward. I always fly from place to place and with the exception of testing, I always begin my next trip from the last airport I arrived at.

So right now, I am sitting, somewhat cold, in Castlegar. A wonderful little airport with an interesting approach.

I’m after other similar spots to hop between.

I guess it can be the US PNW too, but ideally, for now, in Canada.

I’m flying in the Twin Otter so small but no grass strips

You can have a look at Google maps what looks very interesting with especially wild nature and exotic wilderness, and get some waypoints and routes here:

and here:

1 Like

Hi s44rgg you may need this https://worldtour.flights/
I’m not sure if there are many tourist routes about Canada, because this area has just been updated recently
I’m also traveling around the world and just passed through the Alps. Have a great trip!

1 Like

Hey,

I’d go west to Penticton BC (CYYF) for a coffee then west again onto Abbotsford BC (CYXX).

from there, you can do a 2hrs scenic flight north in the mountains and back to abbotsford like principalair tours does. Let me take an exerpt off their site:

“[from CYXX]¸This trip begins with a flight towards the north end of Harrison Lake, continuing through the mountains to Whistler. After seeing the resort town of Whistler you will get a spectacular view of Cheakamus Glacier and Garibaldi Lake. From Whistler the flight will head south towards Squamish. The flight will continue over the scenic islands of Howe Sound on route to Vancouver. Here you will see beautiful views of Stanley Park and downtown, as we fly over False Creek on your return to Abbotsford.”

There you go, it should be pretty fun in a twin otter.

cheers!
Simon

1 Like

@s44rgg

I have a little virtual airline that I made up that flies around to 10 small airports in British Columbia.

Most of these airports have some challenging aspects. Ones you may be interested in visiting are:

Vernon CYVK: Canada Air Pilot approach plates show an RNAV approach from the south west but it’s not modeled in FS2020.
Fly the waypoints and you can pretty much land by the numbers. The lake valley is pretty narrow so approach/departures in low light or fog make for a tense experience.

Revelstoke CYRV: Another airport that has an RNAV approach IRL but not in FS. If you do a instrument FP, you will be off the center line but if you can see the airport at minimums you can turn on final.

Blue River CYCP: Again, an RNAV in real life but not modeled in FS. Valley can be foggy and there are hills to the south of the runway so you will need to beware. No papi and the airport is a bit hard to see if you haven’t been there before (it’s right along side the highway). The strip is narrow and short so you gotta be on your toes.

I fly my little VA to these locales on a rotation and the weather has a HUGE influence on the challenge. Sunny skies = easy, overcast/fog/snow/rain = not so easy. Haven’t had to divert to a major airport yet but the hard weather has only just begun, lol!

1 Like

SimBoO911
deancbrown

You’re both legends. i’ll be sure to read both your suggestions properly in the morning!

Thanks again