Glass cockpits flashing when parked

:wave: Thank you for using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

No

Have you disabled/removed all your mods and addons?

Yes (empty Community folder)

Brief description of the issue:

On selecting most planes (e.g. Boeing 787) and starting from a parked position, the glass cockpit flashes like a strip light with a dodgy starter. This is continuous and seemingly can only be paused by right-clicking the mouse. No such issues with a runway start. Some planes, such as Fenix, TBM 930, Icon A5, Diamond Aircraft DA40 NG and PMDG 737-700, are fine (although SU12 has messed up the latter’s parking brake). Community folder since emptied but problem still exists.

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Not possible - no flashing “ink”

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

Select departure airport (e.g. EGLL) and gate/parking ramp in the “From” menu, then click “fly”.

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

Intel 13900k
Msi 4090
32gb ddr5
2TB nvme
Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog joystick, throttles and rudder pedals

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

post SU12

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

The PMDG parking brake problem was fixed the same day as SU12 came out

I think the fix might not have made it through to MSFS directly, like the one from a month or so ago.

It’s nothing to do with the sim, you have to do it via the Operations Centre

Thanks, I didn’t know that.

My copy was bought through MSFS, so I have been waiting for an update in-sim.

Didn’t think you could buy the PMDG 737 through the Marketplace yet

I bought the PMDG 737-700 in the Marketplace about a month ago. I am looking at it in the Marketplace, as I “write”!

I think I’m confusing it with the XBOX version :slight_smile:

No problem!

Now I shall reinstate my Community folder and set up a flight plan!

PROBLEM SOLVED!

I am pleased to say that I believe I have found the cause of my problem of flashing displays.

I had accidentally set a power on/off switch that I had previously programmed into my throttle quadrant.

I have no idea why it only manifested itself when the planes were parked, especially since it also affected the ATC menu (which also flashed in time with the cockpit displays).

Hopefully, my experience might help another flightsim enthusiast in the future.