Glider, sailplane, soaring, please! [Feature Requests]

One more thing that seems to be modelled incorrectly by MSFS is “the ball” physics in turn coordinator - I noticed it in new wonderful Ka7 - when I use right rudder the ball’s first movement is also to the right - everyone knows the “step on the ball” - so the ball should move away from the pushed leg - so right rudder - ball should move to the left.
I learned from B21 that this is not their’s instrument - it is just a standard built-in MSFS one.
So I also tested the standard C152 - and indeed it also works incorrectly- right rudder pushed - the first ball movement is to the right and only after a while the ball moves to the left - this makes making a full correctly coordinated turn (esp in glider where adverse yaw is and should be greater) with ball always in the center simply impossible - as moving stick to the right moves ball right (“ball follows hand”) and adding right rudder incorrectly add it’s additional wrong impulse to the right - ball must go outside center, even worse is exiting from the deep turn.

This issue may be obscured by another issue in MSFS modelled planes like C152 as they have less then in RL adverse yaw so practically no rudder is needed for slow enough turn.

This is really dissapointing about MSFS as I thought that build in “flagship” planes like C152 or C172 will have all instruments and physics of quite basic things like turning modelled and verified - seems not be the case :frowning:

I wonder if official 3rd party devs have greater chances of communicating to MSFS such issues.
Or maybe I am wrong - (but seems I am not as I compared it to Condor2 by myself and X-plane videos) - I challenge anyone to do a video of 45deg bank turn and exit from turn in Ka7 with having the ball in the center.

3 Likes