Glitchy Pixels at top of screen

Funny enough, I’ve been using 496.49 for the last week without any problems. Just had my first issue on a flight into CYYZ. I kept adjusting the weather and the glitch happened. Not sure what’s up at this point. Trying not to roll way back.

Same here. I haven’t seen the pixels for months- everything has been running smoothly, then today all of a sudden, (without making any software changes) the glitching pixels reappeared in the same place they were previously.

Tried dropping render scaling from 130 back to 100, and turning live weather off, but it did not fix the problem. Checked my system stats and all temperatures for GPU and CPU were in normal ranges.

I see a new driver is available in GeForce Experience (496.76) so will try updating to that and report back.

Yep, GPU was fine here as well. Also,I believe there is another hot fix that was reported in addition to the driver update you referenced, but someone already said it didn’t help.

I keep posting this periodically so am wondering if it doesn’t work for some or people are just missing it: does turning AA gamma correction off in NVCP not get rid of the glitchy pixels…?

Hi @Uzura2203, I have seen this posted earlier in the thread and made it was turned off in the NVCP program- but still have the issue. My card is a GTX 2070.

Yes, interestingly enough, I tried the latest driver 496.98 and the problem showed up for me half way through a flight. The problem wasn’t showing up for me with 496.84 and 30 FPS locked in MSFS. Strange issue this.

Gamma correction off didn’t fix the issue for me either.

I’m going back to 496.84 with FPS locked at 30, but I’m guessing the problem will show up again sooner or later.

That’s a shame to hear but thanks for confirming.

Sure it’s no consolation, but going by the Nvidia forum on Reddit, MSFS isn’t the only title affected.

1 Like

Can you post some links?

nVidia drivers 496.76 seems to have fixed the glitchy pixels again for me. Have flown several flights in a variety of locations/aircraft/weather conditions since upgrading to it, including a 1 hour 30 minute flight around the Shoreham area again where I noticed in the issue earlier in the week and there was no trace of any strange pixels on screen.

I had the problem with 496.76. I had 10+ flights without problem and then problem was back without any change.

I’m also getting this. 496.76 installed. Started the other day. Randomly starts but then won’t go away. I tried the older driver mentioned on this thread which seemed fine but I think had issues with Win 11 and how the OS displays…fingers crossed for an update?!

when those pixels appear on right top of a screen, it means that at night such pixels will be on ground. setting rander scalling back to 100 doesn’t help. It ocassionally appears from time to time with no clear reason((
Drivers are of 496.76 version nVidia installed.

I’m running fine since days with the 496.76.
I disabled Gamma Correction in the Nvidia Profile for MSFS.

I did, more or less 30h without any problem. Every flight 1:30-2:30h duration. Every time of the day.

Next flight is about 3:30h right now.
Results later.

On GeForce 496.76 and can confirm switching from TAA to DLAA resolved my issue immediately. Was in a flight with glitchy upper pixels and as soon as I switched to DLAA it was fixed. Switching back to TAA cause the issue to reappear.

1 Like

Yes indeed TAA to DLAA does the trick, thank you.

1 Like

Works for me too

Switching to DLAA is workaround. Not a solution. I would like to devs to notice the problem and fix underlying cause rather ignoring that as “solved” problem.

3 Likes

Indeed. DLAA is clearly inferior to TAA and we shouldn’t have to resort to it

2 Likes

Anyone try the new Nvidia drivers? Unfortunately I’m out of town and can’t.

See this thread: Poll: Nvidia 497.09 Experience

Hello everyone,

We are carefully monitoring reports from our players that the latest Nvidia Geforce driver (497.09) may be causing issues with Microsoft Flight Simulator, including, but not necessarily limited to, crashing to desktop (CTD) and blue patches where ground terrain textures should appear. Please vote in this poll so we can better understand how widespread this issue is and if it is affecting everyone who has upgraded to the 497.09 driver or only a subset of players.

Please choose the appropriate option for your version of Windows (10 or 11) and which DirectX version you are using (11 or 12).

Thanks,
MSFS Team