Global AI Ship Traffic V2 for MSFS

Really looking forward to this. A 1,000 thank yous!

All ships have certain schedules that are the same for all users, right? So when we are online, other users in a group (same day and time) will see exactly what I see if they have this mod installed?

One of may all time favourite add-ons! Thanks for all the hard work.

I am sorry to say that we will have to postpone launch to early next week; not because of particular issues but just lack of time to finish this weekā€¦ But we are almost thereā€¦

Barge on Guayas River, Ecuador

15 Likes

I have just asked in the beta team to test - but we suppose soā€¦

2 Likes

Will ships marked as POI and searchable in the World map ?

I hope notā€¦

Hi,

Donā€™t worry about launching next week instead of today. You guys do an amazing job. Take all the time you need.

We all looking forward to the release next week :dizzy::+1:

THANK YOU!

Keep up the good work. Stay save!

Greetings

Matthias from FSVisions.nl

1 Like

I would like an option to choose

You can use Little Nav Map as a pseudo surface radar to track ship traffic around you, including biologics (i.e., whales).

1 Like

I really appreciate some life on the seas. I just crossed the English Chanel and it was totally empty.

1 Like

We are progressing, but not as fast as intended this weekendā€¦ Sunday went of correcting small errors that I had been smart enough to copy to several of the new modelsā€¦ :roll_eyes: Now they are corrected and we only have on issue left with one ghost ship spotted in the Beta, but where we canā€™t recreate the problem.
I guess a few days more and we should be ready but of course from tomorrow morning real life will take overā€¦

4 Likes

Just an idea:
since MSFS has no particle effects I expect your ships not to have wakes. Would it be possible to add a static wake to the ships, like they did in early simulators? At least until MSFS will be updated. You would need two separate files for each ships though: stationary and with wake.

1 Like

MSFS did have FSX style wakes before, Iā€™m not sure where they went.

Hi,

first of all thanks for your hard work. This will elevate the MSFS experience a lot. And just as a notion:

You are ready now for release. Ask any sailor on the world and you will know, that there are many ghost ships on the oceans. I think, it is remarkable, that you even made ghost ships availaible.

Ghost ships definitely exists. Sailors are professionals, that work on the seas. And if pofessionals (you can call them experts too) are saying, they have seen them, we should believe them. It is quite arrogant for us flyers, to not belive them.

It is the same, as with rogue waves. Sailors stated, they exist. Science stated for decades, these can`t exist. Now we found out, they in fact do. It is the same with ghost ships for sure.

So, thanks for making a full ship set, that is sooo realistic, to even include a ship category, that so many professional sailors know, exists.

Just my 2 grains of salt.

6 Likes

I am so excited and looking forward to this ! Thank you so much for all the hard work. Will i find the link to the download here ? ( when its ready ABSOLUTELY not rushing you and your great work ).
Also if you are looking for testers I would be happy to help out.
and (last thing i promise) I LOVE the idea of ghost ships !

1 Like

Very niceā€¦ Thanks a lot !

It is a real ghost ship because despite having several people looking for it and testing the model we never managed to get it backā€¦ Sailors also insisted for centuries that there were sea monstersā€¦ so we included a bunch of whales, but no Giant Octopuses.

3 Likes

Yes, I will inform here as soon as it is uploaded, but still at least a day or two away. Some thorough Norwegian testers found a few more details to correct.

1 Like

Yes, they can actually also be seen on some of the screenshots of the DFDS ships above in the thread - those FSX style wakes disappeared after the previous update. Basically they had the same problem as an attached simple wake would have - they were flat while the water is not flat so they didnā€™t look very real. For P3D this was also the case at a point when LM introduced the first waves - later that was solved so for now we keep all the wakes in case they return with a solutionā€¦ the default ships have currently the same type of wake effects, so maybe - but I guess from the rumors that we might have to go for something completely different in the future. Then we will updateā€¦

4 Likes