GAIST Global AI Ship Traffic V5 and Great Lakes

You should take a look at this thread. You will understand everything.

1 Like

Hasnā€™t that all been sorted out, or did I misunderstand?

It has, but many feel that the trust has been broken, so have their files elsewhere.

You can get GAIST at flyawaysimultions

And I think also at AVSIM, both of which have been around for ages and are well trusted since long before MSFS.

5 Likes

Nice, you tease :rofl: love it, moreā€¦

1 Like

I see that GAIST by KL791 is no longer available on fs.to. Does anyone know if it is available on another platform?

The new link is on the flightsim.to page.

1 Like

Time to answer my own questionā€¦>

AI Ships, Boats & Global Traffic for MSFS (flyawaysimulation.com)

1 Like

You can also find GAIST v3 - that is the version we launched end of December 2022 here:

FlightsimNorway.com Addons

I just test downloaded with 12.5Mb/s for free, no strings attachedā€¦ Over the years this site provided the best download speeds of all beating flightsim.to by lengths when we crashed flightsim.to at the first launchesā€¦ it is not a general site but a specific site for Nordic simmers run by a Norwegian friend, Ole.

And you can find it here:

MSFS 2020 Global AI Ship Traffic - GAIST Ultra V3 - MSFS AI Traffic - FlightSim.Com

And on simviation.com

GAIST will not return to Flightsim.to.

9 Likes

Hi Henrik,
I assume the latest version is 3.0.0 in the manifest, date 12/29/2022? Just making sure Iā€™ve downloaded the latest as I believe I got it from fs.to.

How are trans-oceanic shipping managed? for example, is North atlantic shipping in euwest or northamericacaribbean routes. I assume if I load australiaoceania and northamericacaribbean I should get the majority of trans-Pacific traffic around North America?

Do you happen to have a map that shows the coverage of each of the different route sets?

Thanks!

I noticed people saying they canā€™t have all the routes loaded on their system. Is that just because they have shipping and ferries >10%, or will sim performance be affected in general if I have all the routes loaded?

Has SU12 had a positive or negative effect on GAIST 3.0?

(I have scanned this thread regarding my questions, and am continuing tooā€¦)
Edit: from reviewing the thread, it looks like Iā€™ve got the latest version.

Correct :smiley:

GAIST is mostly costal - GAIST RT will have Trans Oceanic - but if you fly from the US to Europe keep
EU-West and NA routes in

ā€™
Should do but always decide to something different insteadā€¦ Now eg the sun finally broke through so it looks like spring and time for a walkā€¦ In Europe everything West and North of Gibraltar is in EU-WEST - while everything to the east of Gibraltar is in MED. Africa does include both East and West but not the North Coast towards the Mediterranean.

It is a system and settings thingā€¦ Some can have all routes running without issues; others can only have one or two packages installed. Recommendation is to have just those installed which you will use.

2 Likes

Thanks!

Yes, it always is this :joy: :rofl: ā€¦ sigh, ā€¦ same here

Iā€™m hoping to a bunch of Boeing B314 flying across Oceania and the North Atlantic/Med, so this should be fun! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Your definitively can land on the sea ice.

1 Like

Are you absolutely sure about that? :laughing:

3 Likes

I think you better get out of that plane fastā€¦

3 Likes

Traffic near my local port on a sunny Sunday

10 Likes

Near Haugesund Norway

And a few shows of Stena ferries in Belfast from one of our beta testers

9 Likes

Hello all,
im using this mod and found out that i get permanent small stutters caused by the mainthread. When i remove the mod from my community folder everthings fine. I have all the routes of GAIST active in my community folder.
I use the mentioned settings for AI boats and vessels for the use of this mod.
My other graphics settings are all maxed out. I get around 35-40 fps over London City.
Edit: I also tried with low graphics settings, but got the same stutters.
My specs are:
Intel Core i9-13900KF
128GB DDR5-Ram PC5200
Zotac Nvidia GeForce RTX4090 24GB
NVME M.2 SSD 4TB Kingston KC3000

Anyone else having these permanent small stutters when this mod is loaded?
If there is a solution to get rid of these stutters please let me know.
I donā€™t wanna fly without this great mod!

Thanks, SaltyTom
PS: English is not my 1st language so please be kind :wink:

1 Like

That could be your problem.

Thanks for replying, well then Iā€™m gonna try just the european routes. I thought my PC could handle them all. :wink:

NO PC can handle them all.

1 Like