Global AI Ship Traffic V5 and Great Lakes

Got it! Thanks very much for your help and patience.

1 Like

Just started my Great Lakes tour, done Ontario now checking out Erie. I’ve just got the Great Lakes package installed, not the World Shipping, and there are plenty of ships to spot.

2 Likes

Will this be available for the Xbox? is there any way to port PC addons to the Xbox series X?

1 Like

Once things get more stable, we might do this. First however, we will focus on getting it right for the PC users.

3 Likes

Huge thanks to you once again for this great add-on !!

Went flying up to Juneau, Alaksa to recreate a cruise I did in 2009 where we ported there and sure enough there is a cruise ship very similar to ours heading into harbour …

Only difference ours was Holland America Westerdam but still great realism !!! :smiley:

10 Likes
2 Likes

Lot’s of ships around Juneau (PAJN) in South East Alaska.

For example, I saw the Carnival Paradise, Le Boreal, San Arawa, Blue Topaz, Pirate Trawler, Akamalik, Davakis and MSC Sinfonie on a recent flight exploring the many small airports in the area.

The Cruise ship Carnival Paradise was heading south at 22 knots and was difficult to land next to in a slow Cessna floatplane. Take a look around 14 minutes in this video:

Kudos to Henrik for his fantastic job!

3 Likes

Hello there,

First of all, fantastic work!. I have been using this addon for years, on FSX and Prepar3D and since then it has become essential.

Regarding the issue of duplicate boats in LNM, until Asobo fixes the bug, one option would be to publish a version of GAIST without the models that GAIST Great Lakes includes.

It’s just an idea.

Thank You @hnielsen791

Where did you buy the “Ultra” Version?

@hnielsen791 when you complete the project with wakes and such,i will donate to you 30€
Seing those other payware,you well deserve it

2 Likes

Not sure if anyone’s asked before, but any idea if this fantastic addon is compatible with Orbx’s Global Shipping and/or Enhanced AI (for vessels)?

@hnielsen791 when you complete the project with wakes and such,i will donate to you 30€
Seing those other payware,you well deserve it

Agree, totally worth it.

1 Like

They are developed independently and not compatible. Ships will collide in narrow waters, though you won’t see any issues out in the middle of the ocean… You can use it with Enhanced AI as long as you keep the ships & ferries low - that is 6%. This setting was chosen from the start of the Global AI Ship Traffic years back in order to avoid conflicts with the default shipping and the Enhanced AI uses the default routes. You can keep leisure boats at 100% as they are not route based.

3 Likes

I guess it will never be complete :smiley: I had a look a Fleetmon.com and they have 500.000 ships registered, so we still miss a few…

Anyway today we can celebrate 80.000 downloads of Global AI Ship Traffic for MSFS alone on flightsim.to since March :smiley: That can then be added to the hundreds of thousands of downloads of previous versions for FSX and P3D… I hope the project has created a lot of good simming experiences over the years - that was the purpose.

And there is more to come… Below La Seine, one of the brand new giant LNG tankers to be included in the GAIST Ultra Version - it has been quite a job to get all the tubes right. Still a few missing. Tankers are quite complex to model while stealth warships are by far the simplest…

And Martin has been working on the illumination of his Swiss paddlesteamer fleet - some of you might have noticed that for the moment they are not illuminated, but that will come :smiley:

31 Likes

■■■■■ ■■■■■■! I‘m in love!

1 Like

I’m only expecting wakes and then,you can add what ever more or less you want.
With wakes,i will consider it a complete product and i will pay for it 30€

I didn’t buy any Ultra version I’m just using the latest v2.1 which I think has the increased volume in traffic.

Nobody has the Ultra version. It won’t be out until November at the earliest.

What a hulk by the way!

174000 cubic meters of liquid gas…

Landed my Cessna 17G next to the Oriana. Another beautiful Cruise ship in the waters next to Baranoff Island in SE Alaska.

1 Like

My first flight after SU6 over the sea, I just flew from EHAM to EGPH. No ships anywhere. Does the mod still work for anyone after SU6?