GAIST Global AI Ship Traffic V5 and Great Lakes

Still works just dandy.

It’s working fine for me. Before each update, I rename my community folder community.my then after the update, delete the empty community folder which is created automatically on start up, and rename community.my back to just community and it hasn’t failed me yet. I’ve done a couple of flights from Liverpool to Newtonards, then back to IoM and there’s been plenty of ships in both Belfast lough and the Irish Sea.

I heard about that, haven’t tried it though, which might be the problem. On second flight ships were back. Thank you for your responses.

1 Like

We have wakes yet?

Not yet, but its coming. That’s a lot of ships to do. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

will we have the Queen Mary II in any update of the Future? Would be awesome. Have seen her in the Sydney Addon from Orbx

they got rid of her? She used to be sometimes near seattle and miami. Wass in older version.

We didn’t get rid of the Queen, but it is one of the models which need quite some rework as the texture resolution was very low on the old model.

And sorry for being very silent for the moment, but quite a few things out in the real world to focus on at the moment, but we will soon be back :smiley:

2 Likes

Just installed this with Seafront siImulations and been flying about for a few hours, no conflicts so far. Looks amazing Henrik!

1 Like

Socorrista22198 posted these screenshots on flightsim.to of VOR60 sailboats included in the Global AI Ship Traffic - I will check out time and place tomorrow, but it is nice to see someone doing such nice screenshots with the package and not least sharing them :smiley:

14 Likes

As promised a few notes on where to find the above sail boats

They arrive to Alicante, Spain from the South and can be found within 10-15 kilometers from Alicante around 09:30 - 10:30 UTC on Wednesdays where after they depart towards Lisbon arriving 3 1/2 days later - they are small so without Little Nav Map they can be difficult to find.

7 Likes

And here departure from Cardiff, UK around 20:00 UTC on a summer evening - they will be in the area from around 18:45-20.15 UTC on Saturdays - they can also be found once a week in Gothenburg, Sweden, in Auckland, NZ, Itajai, Brazil and the other stop overs of the Volvo Ocean Race 2017-18 or somewhere between the stop overs.

10 Likes

These look incredible Heinrich. I love discovering boats.

Can I ask, are there any real boats/ships to look out for along the South Coast of England?

1 Like

I think I put in a mini version of the Fastnet race… Will have to look for route and departure times tomorrow and also check if we got all the boats over - else they will come in the next update :smiley:

1 Like

That would be awesome Henrik. As a kid we used to holiday in Skull, West Cork and it was great seeing all of the yachts.

2 Likes

Will we se tourist boats like these in Paris and Chicago etc?

:slight_smile:

2 Likes

hi - at the moment river traffic is too complicated due to the bug which places all AI ships at sea level. If Asobo gets to correct it then maybe, but there are other priorities which will be done first so the GAIST Ultra can get out :smiley:

4 Likes

These are between Porthsmouth and Ryde Beach on Isle of Wight departing on Thursday evening around 19:00 UTC… some of the boats are still not converted and thus missing, but we will get that corrected in the next update and I might also have to check on the route as they seem to sail the wrong way South around Isle of Wight instead of through the Solent… ups…

11 Likes

For those looking for a Royal experience GAIST includes a couple of Royal yachts… Here the Norwegian K.S.Norge which can e.g. be found sailing daily between Tromsö and Svolvær through the beautiful Raftsundet…

11 Likes

Your work is ace henrik but it does need wakes. I’ve got yours up and running with seafront simulations and both are working well. I love the way your vessels move inland it’s beautiful but it just needs that finishing touch.

2 Likes