Global AI Ship Traffic V5 and Great Lakes

Hi everyone. I’m having some trouble getting this to work. I had the old version installed on an older computer and it worked great. Got a new computer, downloaded the new beta and now I’m not getting any ship traffic at all which is so sad because I loved this mod. I must have downloaded and installed a dozen times in the community folder, checked that traffic was set at 7%, and have consistently followed instructions to take off in Calais headed for Dover. I have Little Navmap going and while it can see the air traffic it can’t see any boat traffic even after I’ve taken off. I’ve tried loading different planes, different times, nothing. I have a few add on planes, a three flightsim.to liveries but that’s it. I tried reading this thread but it got a little confusing for me (sorry, I’m not very computer savvy) so if I’m repeating something that’s already been solved just point me at the link and I’ll go away. I’m in awe of all these magnificent models and as someone who loves to watch ships coming into my local port, I miss it in my sim. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks -Robbie

How did you install? The traffic setting should be right; the mod does work fine after SU9 so it seems to be an install problem.

Thanks for the help. I wouldn’t be surprised at all if it’s an install problem. When I click the link on flightsim.to it downloads it directly to my downloads folder. I have tried 4 things to get it to work.

1. I copy, the zipped folder from downloads into microsoftflightsimulator/packages/community and unzip the entire folder there.
  2. I do the same thing but instead of coping the whole folder I only keep the gaist-ultra-BETA folder not the gaist-ultra-BETA-wN7YR folder in my community folder
  3. I have also tried upzipping the folder in my downloads folder, and copying the contents to my community folder
  4. I tried the same thing but again only copying gaist-ultra-BETA not gaist-ultra-BETA-wN7YR.
    I should also stress that each time I’ve tried this I’ve deleted the failed attempt and redownloaded from flightsim.to. I really appreciate your patience. If the problem isn’t obvious to you, I think the next thing I’ll do is move the other things from the community folder one by one to see if one of them is causing a conflict. Thanks a million -Robbie

DFDS’s brand new Luna Seaways and Aura Seaways on the route Karlshamn, Sweden, to Klaipeda in Lithuania

25 Likes

That looks superb Henrik :+1:

2 Likes

Today is “Great Test Day” taking models done in the last weeks to the water for testing in the sim

4 Likes

Great work as always Henrik!

1 Like

tested with BGL or our live-tool?

1 Like

Both… You will get test report on Discord

But here another one of the DFDS ferries Athena Seaways which showed up where she should :smiley:

9 Likes

And Luna Seaways docked in Klaipeda live

15 Likes

Love the reflection in the water :+1:

2 Likes

Development on the “big” project has started and is prcessing quite well. I hope to send out the internal build for testing to Henrik and our Dataprovider in the next few days :slight_smile:

Basically the DFDS Addon will be our small test-field where we can identify the logical bugs and port them over to the big project.

4 Likes

For the DFDS live project these are the routes which will be served with live traffic

Another two DFDS ships were completed this week - Finlandia Seaways and Botnia Seaways

And below one of DFDS’s six Flower Class RoRo ferries getting close…

15 Likes

I thought DFDS only operates in the North Sea, Baltic and North Atlantic.

No, they actually have a very large fleet of Ro/Ro freight ferries in the Mediterranean, which will all be included in our Live Project.

1 Like

They have fingers in lots of pies :wink:

1 Like

The project “North Sea Industry” being developed by Aerosoft is impressive and huge.
In addition, it is good to know that you are, in a certain way, involved in its development and projects can coexist together in the simulator., according to a comment by Mathijs Kok in the Aerosoft official forum thread:

read some reddit comment that was worried about us competing and possible clashing with the Global Shipping mod. Don’t worry, the people behind that mod are in our dev discord channel and we are makings sure it will not cause issues. We will even work together on some objects.

Anything you can tell us about yourself @hnielsen791 ?

1 Like

The ways of the Gods are not for mere mortals to know :wink:

No, we are not in any way associated with that project.

wonder what global ship mod he is then talking…